PCN 23J: parking in a loanding bay 'not designated for that class of vehicle'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I don't know if you can help with this.

I've just got a PCN for stopping in a loading bay at 9.25pm in a deserted street by smithfield market (I had a screaming 3 month old baby in the car and I wanted to sort him out, and it looked a safe place to stop). However someone tapped on my window to warn me there were camera's so I moved on, but I had been got by the camera.

From google streetview I've taken a shot of the signage (attached)

It says: Smithfield: Goods vehicle loading only

(I hope this isn't out of date but don't think I'll be near that area again soon to check)

PCN: 23J: Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle (camera enforcement)

(photo of PCN with personal details removed attached)

Observed from 21:25 - 21:25

I have a van derived car - citroen berlingo - I don't know if that classes as a goods vehicle (there was some mention that it might on another thread here and the signage doesn't say 'heavy goods', just goods)

However, I wasn't loading. I did get out of the car and get baby out, sit back in the drivers seat w him to calm him, then got out to put him back in his car seat in the back. The PCN says I was just observed at 21.25, but I know I was probably there about 5-10 mins.

I've also attached an image of the loading bay (I parked down the end of it)

Are there any technicalities or mitigating circumstances that might get me off this £65?

Is it worth saying I had a small baby in the car who was really crying and I needed to stop?

It just seems ridiculous to be fined potentially £130 for stopping in a deserted street in a bay at 9.30pm on a thursday night. I am normally very careful but the baby was really screaming and I'd been driving for a while going past nothing but double yellow lines looking for somewhere to stop and I probably wasn't thinking quite straight.

Thanks for your help - sorry if this message is a bit rambly (still suffering lack of sleep and just wanted to put everything in here you might want to know)

Thanks

a very broke tired mum...

smithfield-goodvehiclesloadingonly.jpg

PCN-23J.jpg

thebay.jpg

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Not good news i'm afraid. The 'derserted street' can change in a matter of minutes from around that time of night. The enforcement is pretty strict due to the streets being not really intended for the HGVs which now use them to deliver to the market.

A Goods vehicle is a vehicle designed specifically for carrying goods so i'm afraid this would exclude your car. Your 'emergency' would not be accepted as a reason for appeal although there is nothing to stop you trying if you are still within the discounted period.

If the PCN does not refer to the "goods vehicle" restriction then you can apply the principle behind case 2110087803. In the link below click on search and type in the case number. You can print it off to send with your appeal. Expect rejection though as council's play the long game.

http://www.patasregistersofappeals.org.uk/StatReg/