fernpest v RBS

walterdickson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Its been several weeks this I took my small claims summons to the Sheriff court. As I am in Scotland I could only claim £750. I received a court hearing date which comes with a 'Return Date' ie the date the Bank, the defender, have to respond with their intentions. I then received an offer from the bank, independent of court dealings, which fell way below my calculations of penalties charged therefore I rejected outright.

RBS have since failed to respond to the court request by the 'Return Date' and I have now lodged with the court, the 'Minute', ie an order to make them pay up via the baliffs if necessary. This apparently takes 2 weeks.

At this moment it looks like I've won and will keep you informed.

I feel exhausted as it has been a long and stressful haul especially when you receive the court hearing date. The £750 is only a small part of my total penalties so I asked the Sheriff Court if I could now put in multiple claims for the remainder. This would amount to a further 3, each with its separate court fee.

I have been advised to go ahead but may be best to lodge each summons with a week or so between them.

Hope this gives some encouragement. Hold your nerve.

thnaks mate!

Good luck :)

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037 :rolleyes:

congratulations. hang in there. did you claim interest as it appears that others in england are doing? and in the spreadsheet, that calcualates interest at 8%. then there does appear to be a compound interest calculation which then gets addedd on. i must admit like others i am mystified by what interest claims one can make.

again many congrats

Cheers and yes I am claiming interest as the spreadsheets calculate. In my decree, that is the 'minute' you submit, after RBOS failed to respond to my summons, I had noted all the interest and expenses but when I filed it at the sheriff court I was told not to worry, the sheriff court would calculate everything owed. I will keep you informed.