midge61 v smile

midge61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update. I sent smile a letter of non complience for the s.a.r.s I did recieve them just over week ago but this week Thurs and Sat I recieved two more!!! all 3 exactly the same seems they dont talk to each other there the doughnuts!

• 2 weeks later...

hi

had a letter from smile today reply to LBA. Says sorry not able to respond to complaint yet will do so as poss or let me know if there is going to be further delays. Well I should now file claim but got no money at the moment. Will have to wait til 31st-payday.

Just to let you know you aren't being ignored but seem to be doing fine on your own, so well done.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro

Thanks for reply. It's ok I know the sites really busy. I've been recommending it to everyone at the school gate at the college I work at and everyone I know!

Thanks for the support tho it is very reassuring when you get a reply just gives you the boost you need to keep your confidence up.

Many thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Went to court today to put in my claim but they woulkdn't accept it because of the name and address i put in for smile. I put:Smile Co-operative Bank PLC 1 Balloon Street Manchester M60 4EP So what should I put?

Thanks

I don't understand what was wrong with the Balloon Street address, but any address for smile will be fine.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I really don't see why not. I have just looked at the website for clarification and it says smile The Internet Bank. My claim against Yorkshire Bank was accepted although they said they were Clydesdale Bank t/as Yorkshire Bank, but it was still accepted.

Hi Caro

I think it was just the person I happened to speak to don't think they have many for Smile through our court yet. Will try again in the week. I've just written to Smile anyway cos they accepted a payment of £250 to my card 4months after the account was closed and say they now can't trace it and when I phone they wont talk to me cos I can't remember my security numbers! So I have rminded them that I am just about to file a claim for bank charges and if they don't get their act tog for the £250 that I've been trying to get paid to me since August I'll included this in the claim. So will wait to see what comes of this first.

Thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I wrote to Smile reminding them of their complaints procedure last week and told them they had less than a week to reply to my origional complaint.

Letter from them this morning containing a cheque for £495. This is £60 short of what I asked for but I'm too poorly to argue anymore so it'll do for me along with my full settlement offered by LTSB it's been a good couple of days (despite the gallstones!)

Thanks for all the support and help donation will be made when cheque has been cleared