HP Agreement - Details Wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Just wanted to pick someones brain about my HP agreement for my current car.. I'm thinking of VT'ing it as i will have paid half way soon but something has niggled me from the start. The HP Agreement with Black Horse is for a car that is not mine. The dealership must of made a typo and the reg is a letter wrong and so a completely different make, model etc.

At one point i got into difficulty with payments and had a nasty "doorstep collector" calling my phone after some rather rude remarks about him supposedly coming to collect the car from my workplace i said that he probably wouldnt be able to find it as its not the same car on the agreement. Since then I made a small payment plan with Black horse and my partner informed them of the correct car details when they called to ask about it. I got a simple 'thanks for updating us' letter which now has all my vehicles details on it, though no revised agreement.

Where would i stand with regards to this agreement? Is it enforceable as the car thats on the original paperwork is nothing to do with me and they (i presume) would not be able to take my car?..

Kinda curious and also if there was a way for me to VT sooner than in 3 months that would be great.. or keep the car without paying that'd be fab lol I can but dream! :lol:

Some insight into this would be great..

Thanks in advance

x

There is more to the identity of a car than simply the VRM number. It'd just that the VRM is usually the easiest reference to use to refer to "the vehicle". For example I have a car on HP that I swapped a private plate on to. I didn't bother telling them because I will of course be taking it back off before I sell/return/VT the car so it will be abck on the original plates at point of surrender.

A lot of the finance companies now charge you about 30quid for the huge amount of admin it takes them to change this one field on some agreement reference screen taking them all of about 10 seconds to do! so I'm buggered if I intended paying them this fee twice for the change from then back to the original.

Anyway, back to your original question, I believe they would be able to claim the vehicle is correctly identified by use of, for example, the chassis VIN number which is after all even more precise than the VRM.

Crem, are you absolutely sure that you can replace the original Reg. No??As i understand it, when you apply to have your private plate fitted, the dvla retain your original Registration. Then when you take the posers plate off they issue you with a new number which reflects the correct age of the car. So, if you have an 05 plate as original Reg. No. then dvla will give you another 05 plate when private plate is no longer required by you.I'm in the process of fitting a possers plate (given as an unwanted gift i may say), and that's the info i was given.

scaniaman it depends on what the original plate was and where you apply to remove your cherished plate and go back to a "standard" number.

eg I had a car registered in Avon (AV plate?) which I took my cherished off, and because I sent the paperwork to Swansea, they reissued the original plate. However I had a car on a "DS" plate that I re-registered through Newcastle and they issued a new "NK" plate I am guessing because they have to only use numbers identifying Newcastle through their office.

I could be completely wrong though :)

Now you really have me confused. As far as i know, all transfers are done by Swansea, and the local offices only pass info on to Swansea (electronically nowadays). All new V5's surely come from Swansea.

I don't know really scaniaman. I just know I have had both situations occur, i.e. the "old" number re-issued and a "new" number given when taking cherished plates off. I was a bit pee'd off when they issued a new numbr coz I always keep the old plates in the garage ready to put back on the car, saves the 20 odd quid to buy new plates if they just let me use the old number again. :)

I've currently got 2 cars that had number transfers (rather than when I sometimes already have the private number on a certificate when I buy the new car) so I will know better in a year or 2 when I might be changing these cars, so if you can wait till then I might have a better example of what happens, :lol: