Pay Day Loan Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Buck have emailed offering a 3 month payment plan, which I don't think I can afford.If I don't accept that they will pass to their collection dept and additional charges may be added.

Any advice on what I should reply to them about them adding charges?

Edited by UnionCityGirl

You need to only pay what you can afford. If you can not afford the 3 month pay plan, then do not do it. Advise them back with a written offer of what you can afford, If they do not agree to what you can afford, I would maybe suggest paying token payments until they realise you are serious about what you can afford. Keep all correspondence written.

They don't do emails!! Yes keep emailing them, do NOT EVER phone them. It will take long for you to get through and then they just try and bully you, plus nothing can be proven should the matter go further. Keep emailing PTPD

Thanks everyone. Just replied to UncleBuck to say I cannt afford their offer and offering £40 a month again (is repayment over 10 months reasonable?)

and will keep emailing PTPD!

Can you advise me on the loan plus one months interest thing?

I believe as far as I know it, the loan + 1 months interest, is the Loan sum you agreed in principle to borrow from them, + 1 months interest which should equate to the total amount they told you that you needed to pay back to them from the beginning. Just keep emailing them, they will finally get the message when they see they are not getting any payment from you or just a token payment of what ever you can afford. I would suggest when you write to them outlining your offer, and give them 7 days to respond, if they do not respond, send another email stating as they are unwilling to enter into negotiations with you, you will be making a token contribution to them of £1 per month, until they agree to enter into negotiations with you and agree a reasonable payment plan. You must keep this written / email correspondence, in doing so, if (highly unlikely, as they do not like to explain their ridiculous uinterest rates and fees in court) but IF it should go to court (which it is a long way off from doing that, there are many avenues it would have to go down first if they did that) if it should go to court, you have all the proof that you have tried to arrange payment and courts would back you 100% anyway.

You could go with something like this. Due to my unforeseen circumstances, my income and expenditure is extremely unstable at this moment. But in any case, you have no right to obtain my income and expenditure information at all, nor will I be sending you any bank statements - (these would not detail all of my items of expenditure anyway). Only A court judgement can order me to provide such information. I do hope however, that we can arrange a payment plan to alleviate the stress of my whole situation, and to also enable the repayment of the loan to your company as promptly as my finances will allow. I look forward to hearing from you and will help in any other way I can to organise repayments with your company as soon as possible.My offer, is as follows. *Amend as needed *All current interest / finance fees frozen. Amount to pay back divided over a period of XXX months, including one months interest. Please let me know how we can proceed.*Sorry if this appears as all one lump, for some reason I can not space things out*

So this is where I am so far -Wonga - agreed to payment plan immediatelyPTPD - refusing to discuss on email (i'm emailing every day)PDUK - asking for I&E, I've refused and stated my offer againUncle Buck - offered me a repayment plan over 3 months (which I can't afford) so I have stated again what i can affordTxt Loan - it defaulted yesterday but no word from them at all? Is this normal? Anyone else dealt with Txt Loan?

ok good going. so, PTPD, if they are refusing to discuss over email, call them, discuss over the phone and do not give them any new account details or new card numbers etc. What you will need to do is discuss with them an affordable pay plan for yourself, do not let yourself be bullied into something you can not afford, and get them to email you the repayment plan so you have it in writing and can confirm back to them in writing your acceptance of this, ensure that they send you their bank details so that you can set this up from your side by standing order only. . If they are unwilling to do so, inform them they will receive token payments only until you can come to an agreement, do this via email also!. Email back Uncle back again with your terms that you will and can afford and decline the plan they have opffered you. With regard to TXT loan, I believe there are threads in the forum about them, check them out. In regards to all of them, make sure you tell ask them for their account details so that you can set up a standing order for token payments until they can come to an agreement with you. State in corresponden ce you are willing to pay back the money owed to them, but at a level you can afford.

Txt loan will not call you they will send a letter and charge you £25 and after 10 days another letter another £25. put it this way the charges are racking up if you leave it.

Do what i done and email them through there website Just propose what you can afford they accepted my offer strait away no questions asked.

Get on it today before they add more silly charges.

I personally would not bother, as if you are not going to pay the full amount then they will hand it to clarity in 30 days.

They are easy to deal with. I pay £10 per month for £530 ish debt.

If you want to pay something to ptpd make sure it is very small "token" payments.

So an update -

Wonga - payment plan agreed to start 28th July

PTPD - I keep emailing them with my offer, they keep replying that they can't discuss over email.

PayDay UK - asking for I&E, I've declined and keep sending my offer. Do they sell the debt on eventually?

TxtLoan - have emailed but absolutely nothing. Anyone got any experience on them?

UncleBuck - sending generic emails about not being able to collect loan, which I have replied to with my offer.

I don't seem to have had many calls. Any advice on what to do next?

I'm really struggling with PayDay UK - I've emailed them continuously offering £100 a month, but they keep email the same old standard email and don't even mention my offer.Any advice on how to deal with them?

Uncle Buck have now said they will pass it over to a debt collector. Pounds Till Payday have also said they will pass to an external agency and have given their bank details.

PayDay UK are still trying to get me to roll over the loan!

So a further update -Wonga - payment plan agreed to start 28th JulyPTPD - Have given bank details and said they will pass over to a DCAPayDay UK - still not acknowledging my offer, just sending the same generic email and ringing still. Shall I continue with the emails?TxtLoan - set up a payment plan of £30 a month.UncleBuck - will not accept my offer of £40 a month, want me to pay over 3 months. Shall I carry on with my £40 a month offer?