• Tweets

• Thank you, contact by writing only I take it?      Would it still be worth offering to pay the station directly?    they have it all over their posters the admin fee is non negotiable, but I know it’s unlawful and cannot be enforced.    also is there a data breach as I have not agreed to my data being shared? DVLA for example giving details to shady companies like this….
    • I have today received the following email from Moorcroft regarding my Fluid account. What is the best way to respond to this? We act on behalf of FLUID and would like to speak to you on a personal business matter. Please contact us on 0161 475 2903 or via our website www.mdrl.co.uk as soon as possible. Calls to the above telephone number will be charged at standard rate. If you would prefer that we call you back please email us at [email protected] with your contact number ensuring that your reference number is quoted.  
    • According to this DCBL letter, their client is Euro Car Parks Limited. Has the keeper possibly got more than one PCN on the go?   The keeper has been fortunate then. PPC's can use the "original" keeper info from DVLA to pursue their charge. They don't have to keep checking DVLA for changes of address. The keeper should now write to Euro Car Parks and update them with the current address to avoid any chance of a back door CCJ. Make sure a proof of postage is obtained and keep it safe...
    • as the other threads here contact FE and offer to pay for the £23 of petrol, NOT any unlawful  admins fees they try and con you out of,  as this has not been pointed out. can i just make it perfectly clear that forecourteye have ZERO legal powers they are NOT BAILIFFS and can do stuff and all only the garage franchise owner could ever do anything, and that would be a civil matter in a county court. thread title updated
    • Thank you so much Andy, I am making the amendments to my witness statement now.   Would you be happy to take a final look over the document when I have finished?  In terms of the bundle I need to send, the claimants sent the following documents - should I include the same documents with my bundle or is there no need to?    Description 1 Claim form 2 Order of the Court dated 15/06/2023 3 Note of Hearing dated 12/07/2023 4 Order setting aside Judgement dated 21/07/2023 5 Order of the Court date 01/09/2023 6 Draft Defence resubmitted on 11/09/2023 7 Notice of Change dated 22/09/2023 8 Directions Order dated 13/02/2024 9 Witness Statement 10 Appendices
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I owe Egg 5,000 but not heard anything from them since may 2009 ? Whats going on ?

mooshy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok am overhauling my debts this week !

I owe over £5k to Egg and all i can find is 2 letters.

1 id dated june 2009 from eggs solicitors saying they want payment within 7 days or will start legal prpceedings.

-the other is from same solicotors 9 collect direct UK )

in May saying i`m to pay 327 pounds monthly for 6 months as arranged

( prob did arrange but cant remember and didnt pay ).

I`ve checked my credit file and they issued a default in April 2009 .

I have no idea when i last paid this and it could be over 6 years ago

as i found the card and that expired in 2005 !

However i`ve obviuosly admitted the debt over the phone in 2009 ?

On my credit file there is no other details apart from the default-i mean absolutely nothing !

I`m thinking of sending SAR to Egg (who i think have been bought by someone else ? )

but will that stir up and start court proceedings etc?

Cant think how else i can find out if its SB and thats why they`re not chasing me up .

I probably paid PPI too ?

x

Dec 2006 SARS request :p

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

15th Feb 2007"bog off " letter received.:(

19th Feb 2007 LBA sent with further copy of charges:|

4th April £750 goodwill gesture paid into bank

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

Egg have been bought/taken over by Barclays.

Well you have a choice here...

1 Keep quiet and don't rock the boat

2 Go for a reclaim on your charges and ppi which will probably clear the debt and give you something in your pocket.

What would you like to do? I mean what end outcome are you trying to achieve?

ims

You would need to see the statements to see when the last payment was do and that would require a SAR to Barclays... which will probably prick them into action.

As for the SB, you CANNOT unSB a debt by talking or admitting the debt on the phone, it must be either by payment or in writing so... as long as you have not admitted the debt in writing or paid anything for 6 years (5 in Scotland) its stat barred, the default date MAY not be accurate, Barclays tend to default after three months of non payment but dont always remember to. I have no experience of Egg so unsure how accurate they were keeping records

S.

Last payment made march 2007 ? x

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

Well not Statute Barred then till Mar 2013 or 2012 if you in Scotland

Keep stum, you know it makes sense

Yes will deffo x thanks

No ! How long did you go without hearing anything ?

• 3 weeks later...

On the 1st October 2009, Egg sold millions of pounds worth of Credit Card & Loan debt to a company that buys debt for a few pence in the pound.

It is possible you are one of those, have another look at your credit file and see if it has been updated with the name CABOT.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

hi

I,ve looked and nothing on. Y credit file since 2009 x

• 1 year later...

well this is actually SB I think in Mar 2014 not 13 ill double check, but have suddenly started getting letters from DCA .

Now do I admit and start paying the debt but do SAR as am certain I paid PPi and actually argued wither on the phone re having to pay it.

If I ignore am I risking a .ccj.

MY goal is to have a fabulous credit file in about 18 months . I've ignored as heard nothing for literally years until recently .

Marlin or Moorcroft?

Moorcroft if Barclays think you will pay up. Marlin if you are a refusnik. Marlin are segmentating to weed out the vunerable and get to the proper refusniks.

Marlin will and do litigate. Your own circumstances dictate what you do of course and depends what is most useful to you. But an unengaged account will be treated as a wont pay. So to your question if I ignore am I risking I would say if they can trace you and get a positive id (CRA's etc. They cant be far wrong as already writing to you) then I would suspect you will be getting a court claim if you remain unengaged with them.

Again if its Marlin they are on a letter cycle and this week its the start of the threats. The phising and i/e letters have already been deployed.

A few threads up and running on the forum will give you a flavour of what has happened

Thanks.

Its Barclays now but letters from Marlin ?

I was looking and thinking of maybe sending Marlin the letter template re no contact for 6 years or will i just infuriate them.

If ERgg have sold to Barclays who would i SAR-Egg?Varclays /or Marlin ?

And thanks

ps what is a refuseniks ?

No its not Barclays your account has been sold to Marlin. They own it. One of your letters should have been the assignment notice telling you this. Might have just not really noticed if you been ignoring.

Personally from what I have read of your thread I would be finding out the date of last payment or acknowlegment of the debt if you can from your own records. If its over 6 years in england then its Stat Barred and the stat barred letter should see them off. This date is crucial to what you do next.

Old Egg statements if you have em. Understand it was internet bank so maybe not. Your own bank statements for DD's out to Egg.

If its very nearly 6 years then you have to string this out to get to 6 years. But as you dont know cant advise really.

SAR if you want one would be to Canada Square Operations (What Egg is known as now) in Worthing. Full address will be on Google if you do want this.

Refuseniks are people who refuse. Sorry just meant the wont pays. I.E the debtor has despite having the ability to pay has made the decision not to pay for whatever reason. So someone who is conciously refusing to pay by ignoring all correspondence even if they have the ability to pay is classed as a wont pay by the industry. (not my words just how the industry regards clients)

That account is very different to someone who cant pay as say they lost there job or such. Both aint paying but the DCA is now having to work out the cants from the wonts.

They should be very very different collection strategies for both types.

If you read the numerous Marlin threads now on here you will realise Marlin are a very different animal to the now defunct Egg bank. Like I said if they pin the debt to you via a positive trace/id and your choice is to ignore would suspect a letter from Northampton will be with you.

If your goal is that shiny clean credit file in 18 months I would treat the news Marlin has the account as a real and present danger to your dream.

Finally looking at your dates on your first post. Your default date is 3 months after ours. We went down to £1 per month 6 months before they defaulted us. They didnt hang around. Think if you had stopped paying a couple of months earlier you would have been in the Apex assignment with us in Nov 2009.

So again that date is crucial because it could be as late as spring 2009 which means SB isnt until spring 2015. Way too far out just to be looking at wasting a couple of months.

Cant advise you enough to start treating this as a primary concern and a real threat to what you want to do in the future.

Thank you so much Ken.

Will have to make this quick as got to do school run-found recent letter from Marlin-it says that as ive not responded they are considering advising their CLIENT to take further action to recover the debt ? This gives the impression they are the solicitors not the owners of the debt ?

I have a feeling too that i went back into my old lloys bank account and just maybe found the last payment which came out which is why i previously came up with the date mar 13 as statue barred so will chase that up to.

I really want to avoid a CCJ at al costs so thank you for your advise and honesty

Your welcome

The thing with Marlin is they are a debt buyer (they own the debt after purchase) who then sub contract the debt collection to oh yes you guessed it Marlin. Smoke and mirrors to confuse joe public

So Marlin can say they are going to refer you to their client Marlin for further action. What they mean is they will pass it over to the next desk but have given you the client the impression its a different entity.

The tame solicitor for rent is Mortimer Clarke so you not with them yet. But you will be if you continue to ignore without good reason.

That date is growing in importance Mooshy. Like I said finding this date through your own means is rapidly becoming top need for you to do. Be it your records or a SAR to Egg. Understanding the SAR to egg can take a considerable amount of time and may not reveal what you are after.

I do find it strange that egg didnt default you for 2 years with no payment what so ever. But that said you never know with banks.

Ok if i SAR how can i bide my time with Marlin in the meantime and without admitting to the debt incase its SB or is that impossible ?

I dont want a CCJ thats my priority.

I think ill just set upa payment plan ?

Prove it letters will give you time. Requests for your CCA will give you time but you have then bolted from cover so to speak.

Marlin have flushed you out and have a positive id/trace.

You have to follow your own path as this is advice and that alone.

Personally I would be SARing Canada Square at Worthing, sending a prove it letter to Marlin saying you dont recognise the barclays account and getting as much info from you Lloyds account to see if you can find the last payment.

If the prove it comes back with the proof it is what you think it is and you havnt got the info from your Sar or bank satements then CCA rquest to Marlin. This is all delaying tactics to get the info about that last payment. But also think hard did you acknowledge in writing anything.

Once you have the info and the prove it and CCA have not helped you, then would be the time to make payment offers if indeed the debt isnt SB.

Thanks.

OK if I SAR Canada SQuare and send for CCA to Merlin at same time ( so as not ignoring Merlin but asking for proof ) do either of these letters mean I have admitted the debt which I'm very suspicious is SB .

Thanks.

OK if I SAR Canada SQuare and send for CCA to Merlin at same time ( so as not ignoring Merlin but asking for proof ) do either of these letters mean I have admitted the debt which I'm very suspicious is SB .

No not at all, you don't know these people, have nothing linking them to any debt you have ever had, you are questioning their authority to even contact you, that the account details are correct ie, dates, balances etc.

without this how are you to know you are paying the right person?

Thank you .