Partial Offer Received - Advice Please

Agusta109
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a partial offer on Friday of £3000 against what I was claiming £4778.19 + interest £994.57 + £250 Money Claim + £100 court costs, total £6122.76.

I've read that some people have totally ignored the letter from Cobbetts, some have refused the offer and some have accepted the offer and told them they will persue the rest through the courts.

What is the best thing to do with the amounts I'm claiming?

Advice please!:-?

personally i would accept and persue them via court but it is a bit wobbly seeing as its over the £5. still - i would defo still accept and persue them.

NatWest (CLAIM 1) - £2181.24 SETTLED IN FULL

VIRGIN MBNA - £377 SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST

NATWEST (CLAIM 2) - £1008.30 - SETTLED IN FULL

You're right, the £5000 small claims limit applies only to the amount you are claiming before the court fees and 8% interest is added on, so it sounds like the you are within the limits.

Regarding their offer, absolutely you should accept as it as partial settlement and advise them that you are going to pursue them for the rest through the court. They will most likely withdraw their offer, but that doesn't matter - you are going to get the whole lot in the end regardless.

Keep us posted!

My original 2006 claim - Victorious!

13/06/2006 - Sent Data Protection Act Request (NatWest), recorded delivery.

19/06/2006 - Sent preliminary letter, requesting £3483

17/07/2006 - Sent LBA for revised figure of £3601 (after finally managing to open a parachute account with Lloyds TSB!)

07/08/2006 - Filed Moneyclaim for £4401

11/09/2006 - Defence received from Cobbetts

25/09/2006 - Sent AQ to court and CPR18 response to Cobbetts

30/09/2006 - AQ due at court

25/10/2006 - *WON* Cheque for full amount received from Cobbetts

"Things are made of littler things that jiggle"

- Richard Feynman

I received a partial offer on Friday of £3000 against what I was claiming £4778.19 + interest £994.57 + £250 Money Claim + £100 court costs, total £6122.76.

I've read that some people have totally ignored the letter from Cobbetts, some have refused the offer and some have accepted the offer and told them they will persue the rest through the courts.

What is the best thing to do with the amounts I'm claiming?

Advice please!:-?

Hi accept the offer but ensure you tell them you will continue to seek the balance, as for going over £5k most people who have more than £5k are claiming in a single case as the banks are paying out. What does your cobblers letter say, if its standard blah blah blah CPR pary 18 then read bigcols thread this will help. :D