issued a PCN by a private company for parking on the pavement in a private carpark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was recently issued a PCN by a private company for parking on the pavement in a private carpark (as there was no where else to park). however, instead of being charged for parking in the wrong bay, I was issued with a PCN for...parked without displaying a valid ticket/permit.

I just wanted to find out if I should pay for this PCN as they clearly have a photograph of my car (with all 4 wheels on the pavement), but if I do, I would be paying for the wrong charge (as I had a valid parking ticket at the time, a long term one expiring at the end of August 2011).

Please could anyone help on this as they've just sent a letter for an increase in charge?

Many thanks in advance

.Rex

Don't pay them anything simply ignore them. You haven't committed any offence, they make them up as they go along. They have a picture of your car, not who was driving it. unfortunately for them they can not sue a car.

What company is this by the way, but whoever it is ignore them and the letter chain you will receive.

Completely ignore any threatograms that come your way be it from the PPC, thier DCA and/or their 'solicitors'. Photographs are irrelevant so dont worry about that-that is just part of the [problem]. If you are still unsure keep posting and we can advise and reassue. :-D

Dear esmerobbo, Many thanks for your reply. Do you know if legally I have to provide them with the name of the driver of the car? The notice that they sent me states that if I was not the driver, I should provide the name & address of the driver.Also apparently they said I 'did not have a Valid Permit to park on the Pavement' hence the PCN even though I had a valid permit to park in the normal bays...regards,Rex.

DDWales,thank you for your reply. I have only one letter so far (but expect more as it has been 3 wks since this one). do you know roughly how long i have to put up with this (sounds like a silly question)... just that i've always tried to be law abidding & this matter has thrown me off a little as to be honest I was being quite cheeky parking wholly on the pavement (as there really was nowhere else to park at the time).... however, with hindsight, i should have re-parked my car properly when a space did become available...regards,rex

its a speculative invoice NOT a Penalty Charge Notice

the only ones you SHOULD pay

[those exact words ONLY]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No worries. :-D Hard to tell sometimes how long things could go on for. Some people have 2 letters over 2 weeks, others have up to 5 or 6 over a month. It really can vary in length. The usual process is in roughly 3 stages-, firstly 1-2 letters from the PPC another 2-3 from the PPC's DCA and then that might be it. Some PPC's use 'solicitors' (person on next desk) and that stage usually follows the DCA stage. Once your at this point your near the very end.

they have no legal powers anyway

and they dont doorstep of speculative invoive either

as they know they are toilet paper with NO legal statute

if you give me your address

i'll write an invoice for my expensive advise via this forum...

would you pay that..NO

so there you go.

do some reading on this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are DCAs debt collectors? so...shall i hold out & not reply to anything until the debt collectors turn up? quite a scary thought... & when/if that happens, what should i do?

rex

Don't worry no one will turn up anywhere, when we say debt collectors we mean they will write. The idea being it will panic people into thinking it is something official,when in fact it is no more then more empty threats.

just read the forum,, find me a)someone who has paid up,,,,b)someone who has been taken to court?,,,relax.nothing will/can hapen to you.despite all the rubbish you will recieve in the post.dont let them succeed into frightening you.

• dx100uk changed the title to issued a PCN by a private company for parking on the pavement in a private carpark