HFO Sending 72hr Notice letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, the assignment of the debt to an HFO company is very relevant, it will have been sold to HFO Cayman and then transferred to HFO Ireland, but HFO are very confused when trying to justify their chain of assignment.

They are currently under review by OFT who are 'minded to revoke' the licenses of HFO Services, HFO Capital and Roxburghe. They are also looking at Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors who run all this. Any further complaints to OFT will be greatly appreciated

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also saw the post that HFO are on the OFT watchlist, any impact

Oh yes they likely going to not beable to renew their credit license, so they will be all going to the jobcentre to sign on. Hopefully some of them have debts and credit cards for which they can no longer keep up repayments on, and end up being defaulted on and having their debts sold on to their previous allies who will send out threatograms and SD, and take them to court :lol:

The saying "what comes around goes around" has never been so true lol

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

the whole thing sounds like a giant tax dodge [problem], but still don't understand how a debt sold overseas can then still filter it's way back down. As far as i can tell, if a company in the U.K sells on a debt along with it's rights to a foreign company, how can it transfer those rights abroad? and once "sold" it is technically in the hands of a foreign company, so how does that then get transferred back down the pipe to the U.K???

also when i send off my CCA request, do i need a postal order or can i just tape a £1 coin to a bit of card and stick it in the envelope

Best to send a Postal order as you have a record of the transaction and you must write on the back 'Payment for CCA request purposes only'. You can then prove that they have received it. If you send cash they could could credit it as a payment against your account which would totally screw the SB status. Trip to Post office required

donate

Yes - add that phrase ' I acknowledge no debt to your company' also add

"If you intend to send a reconstituted agreement, you will need to confirm that you have the original signed Agreement, and in what form, ie microfiche, together with the reason this has not been sent at this request."

Covers the bases

donate

HFO Services Limited is a subsidiary of a Cayman Islands Company HFO Capital Ltd, HFO Capital which maintains it has been assigned the rights to these debts, as a Cayman Islands Company cannot issue proceedings in English or Scottish Courts. It then maintains a legal fiction that it has assigned these debts to HFO Services Limited.

Not quite right, pgh. The Cayman company is now out of the mix. This account was possibly originally sold to Cayman, and should have been immediately reassigned to Services.

However, HFO maintain the pretence that these accounts, supposedly owned by Cayman, were legally reassigned to Ireland on 31 Jan 08.

This assignment was possibly illegal, and therefore void.

And they failed to tell anyone about the reassignment, as required by LoP 1925.

HFO are a disgrace.

HFO are a disgrace.

Which is confimed by the fact they will not be granted another license on renewal :whoo: lol

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

one thing i wanted to check, the 12+2 day time on processing a CCA request, is this 10 Business day + 4 weekend days or 12 Business days + 2 for posting times? or just basically count 14 days from when you drop it in the post office

No, No allow 12 plus 2 working days - Monday to Friday, ie 2 weeks plus 2 days plus another couple of days for postage. Have to do it by the book or they will have a get out clause. They never usually response within the time limit anyway

donate

No idea on the license - there is a consultation period and various formalities to go through. Important to keep the complaint coming - business as usual

donate

HFO Services’ licence expired in September 2009, but they can continue to trade as they put a new application in. This is the existing licence that the OFT is minded to revoke/not renew.

seems like a loophole in the system if they can continue to trade on an old licence which may be revoked, but then apply for a brand new one in the process, wouldn't the OFT bar new applications from existing companies that may be revoked...or is this bureaucracy in action here :)

received a reply this morning from HFO, they have said they received my request safely and will order the documents from the original lender and send them on to me once received, BUT this may take up to 12 weeks due to high demand.

it is then only signed "S"

any thoughts?