notice period and payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I resigned from my job on monday 13th july 2011

I was told by my manager to leave immediately, hand in my keys and uniform.

I am supposed to give 4 weeks notice as stated in my contract of employment

what I need to know is, am i entitled to payment for the notice period, as well as outstanding holiday and any other paid work.

seeing as i wasnt allowed to work my notice period

I have worked there about 9 months,

it states in my contract upto 12 years service.

from employee 4 weeks,

from employer one week for every completed year of service subject to a minimum period of one week

i resigned, it wasnt a case of them sacking me or giving me notice

Right. Well, they should have given you one weeks notice, if they wished to terminate.

Unless they could show that they had grounds to dismiss without notice, due to gross misconduct. And I don't think handing ones notice in amounts to GM.

So yes, you're owed a weeks pay plus accrued holiday pay and anything else they might owe you.

Write them a letter. Headline it LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Set out what you are owed and give 'em 7 days to pay.

State that non-payment will result in legal action.

Send the letter by recorded delivery.

there were no issues with my work at all, the reason I was leaving is because I have been offered another job which starts in 5 weeks time.

surely they are obliged to pay the full 4 weeks, as they are not letting me work my notice period. even though i was willing too

that maybe the case, but they didnt.

surely that makes the difference, because i resigned in my letter it clearlt stated the following

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you 4 week’s notice of my intention to leave my position as a driver.

I have decided that it is time to move on; this was not an easy decision and took a lot of consideration. However, I am confident that by doing this will help me move towards some of the goals I have for my career

that maybe the case, but they didnt.

surely that makes the difference, because i resigned in my letter it clearlt stated the following

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you 4 week’s notice of my intention to leave my position as a driver.

I have decided that it is time to move on; this was not an easy decision and took a lot of consideration. However, I am confident that by doing this will help me move towards some of the goals I have for my career

So you need to point that out to them and demand to be compensated for their breach of contract.

Hello guys. I don't know the answer to this, but is it permitted for the employer to give a week's notice when the employee has to give 4 weeks?

My best, HB

Yes, if that's the contractual agreement.