• Tweets

• Hi All I know this a long shot but ha anyone got any advice please? Nearly three years ago (maybe more) my ex took a contract out for a new phone for my birthday that I ended up paying the bills on (lovely present huh) I have always paid the bill for this. The phone number that I have had for most of my adult life was passed over to this contract and I am old now haha We are now divorced and have not been in contact  - he is abusive and I have nothing to do with him. I cannot enter into any dialogue with him whatsoever. I have continued with my phone contract and number etc but am stuck - I have no access to my bills even though they come out of my account - as the contract is in his name I cannot get a pac code to move therefore I will lose my number if I cancel- sky just quote data protection at me which I get but this is soooo frustrating!!!! I know that the sensible thing would have been to just l cancel the dd lose the number get another contract elsewhere and get over myself and move on but I am just asking out there as a final desperate attempt - can anything whatsoever be done??? Thank you in advance :)
    • What's your intent, or interest? I can't see that you have any cause of action regarding bills issued by one third party to another third party. Is the idea to use this as a lever "I'll denounce you to HMRC unless you do blah blah .." That might in fact have no teeth anyway, HMRC will aware of the company's turnover via their other tax affairs.  As a matter of fact a company buying VAT rated supplies and selling to VAT registered customers is actually worse off if not VAT registered themselves. Has your court case reached it's conclusion yet?
    • Hello, welcome to CAG.  I expect people will be along to advise later. We aren't here to mock, this is a serious forum. If you feel you're being picked on  report the relevant post to the site team.  Best, HB
    • no that is not a defence. because you don't have a photo
    • I purchased the vehicle using finance through motonovo under a HP 60 months agreement. I have now amended the document ensuring all is in black. Unfortunately, this email has now been sent. However, I have not sent a letter to big motoring world. Also, I have taken the section of the firealarm issue. I am struggling to convert to PDF. I am not tech savy at all. My mistake was that the the salesman was very fussy on a sale. We went down a quiet road for a little test drive and not for a lengthy road test. The water issue was not present at this moment of time. However, it only became prevalent after driving away, after all docs signed. I did stated to Audi I wanted a diagnostic report. However, they carried out an Audicam which is footage of the issue. Audi have diagnosed the issue as a common issue where coupes/cabriolets accumulate water in the seals. However, I did state beforehand for no issue to be rectified due to me wanting to reject the vehicle. I am awaiting a report from Audi through email from the branch manager in relation to the issue. The issue so far is the water still being present in the sills. Audi tried to fix the issue however the problem is still prevalent. Regards 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Further update.

Attended my first induction/group meeting and we had an overly-nice and enthusiastic advisor, who basically led the group to believe that the streets were paved with gold now they are on the work programme with Ingeus. And to be honest, anybody without any insight into what Ingeus and other work programme providers are like, would easily swallow up the positive spin. There was lots of, "We are on your side guys." "We only want you off benefits and back in work." Or in other words, we only want to make a quick buck off your own work finding a job. As for the CV, I took it along but wasn't asked for it. They asked me to provide a copy of my CV for my next appointment, but I take it I don't have to if I don't want? My first one-on-one session with my advisor is on Monday, so I'll be back with another update.

Just a few more thoughts. Today went better than I expected, but something still really annoyed me. I think it was how the advisor running the introductory session painted Ingeus in oh so many pretty colours. At times it was nauseating, and the other people there were really drawn into it all. I did notice another thing which concerned me - they offered courses/workshops on dealing with depression, anxiety and mental health issues. I have suffered from such issues recently and in the past. I am rather a suspicious as to why a company that makes profits out sending (or forcing) people back to work would offer such a service? Perhaps to convince you there is really nothing wrong with you and it's all down to being unemployed?

Yes, my first couple of meetings were all nice and jolly too - they're sussing you out to see if you're someone they can talk down to and intimidate, or whether you're someone who knows the rules, isn't afraid to complain and won't take any sh*t off them. I was told that 'Ingeus would be different to other WP courses' but it isn't..though it's marginally better than A4e but that's no recommendation!

Read the DWP rules which the WP have to abide by and don't let Ingeus get away with anything. Show them that you're wise to them and they'll back off quite a bit. Here's the link again for the DWP guidance;

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/work-programme-provider.shtml

As for the 'health courses', it's just another way for them to show the wonderful government that they're doing great things and helping us poor unemployed lead richer lives. I'm sure some people may genuinely need and benefit from such courses, but at the end of the day it's really all about image and looking good in the eyes of the DWP, who contract them.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They asked me to provide a copy of my CV for my next appointment, but I take it I don't have to if I don't want?

I did notice another thing which concerned me - they offered courses/workshops on dealing with depression, anxiety and mental health issues.

Re: CV - You do not have to provide them with a copy unless you really want to. If you do, ask "Why does Ingeus want a copy and what will they do with it ?"

If it is to tout around to countless (potential) employers for jobs that you are neither qualified or capable of doing, giving them a copy does you no favours. Beware the white man bearing shiny trinkets, for he speaks with a forked tongue.

Re MH courses - Chances are, they could refer you to a local charity that can provide genuine support. But this would be the same type of thing you could access via your GP or Council advice center.

Or it could be one of those NLP sessions run in house by an unqualified quack - Best thing to do is to ask who provides these workshops and take it from there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I wouldn't use them or anyone recommended by them for mental issues etc - I would use someone I knew could be trusted, any Ingeus advice is always going to be tainted by the source,

in the news there's people who actually believe that being unemployed is their fault

I am gay and I sometimes tell advisers but regardless of drone they all answer like they've read the answers from a book so it would be worse if you was someone who was vulnerable talking to them as they would FCUK with your head terribly

Edited by citizenB

Yes, my first couple of meetings were all nice and jolly too - they're sussing you out to see if you're someone they can talk down to and intimidate, or whether you're someone who knows the rules, isn't afraid to complain and won't take any sh*t off them. I was told that 'Ingeus would be different to other WP courses' but it isn't..though it's marginally better than A4e but that's no recommendation!

Read the DWP rules which the WP have to abide by and don't let Ingeus get away with anything. Show them that you're wise to them and they'll back off quite a bit.

As for the 'health courses', it's just another way for them to show the wonderful government that they're doing great things and helping us poor unemployed lead richer lives. I'm sure some people may genuinely need and benefit from such courses, but at the end of the day it's really all about image and looking good in the eyes of the DWP, who contract them.

This is the first I've been on Jobseekers for a prolonged period of time, so it's all a new experience to me. I know A4e have a shocking reputation so it's not really hard to be better than them! Yeah, they told us that Ingeus are not like the other WP providers, that they are on "our" side and they don't force people to work voluntarily (I thought they used Poundland and others? OR has this policy changed?).

Thanks for the rules. I have already read them but I think I will note down what I think are the most important so I can have them handy.

As for the MH stuff, I would never consider using them. I was just curious as to why they were offering them. I'd much rather use my local GP and get a referral to a charity if I ever had to.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies. I have my first one-on-one interview on Monday, so I'll post again with details how that went.

I have my first one-on-one interview on Monday.

I've said it many times before, but it is worth repeating:

Record all conversations if you have the equipment to do so (many mobile phones have the option). Always insist on copies of all paperwork (record keeping is slapdash with many of these outfits). Never volunteer personal information and query the reason why if they ask.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It can take up to 12 years to be a licensed clinical psychologist.

Yes the third sector can offer support and counselling but really these should be addition to care available from the community MH team.

In no way should anyone with a two weeks introduction to MH course be let lose on any individual suffering with MH issues.

Its also worth mentioning that many "service users" experiance fluctuating degrees of MH in any given time period. So I might feel a bit better after recieving the limited help they, Ingeus, can offer for a few weeks then self harm or try to commit suicide.

It can take up to 12 years to be a licensed clinical psychologist.

Yes the third sector can offer support and counselling but really these should be addition to care available from the community MH team.

In no way should anyone with a two weeks introduction to MH course be let lose on any individual suffering with MH issues.

Its also worth mentioning that many "service users" experiance fluctuating degrees of MH in any given time period. So I might feel a bit better after recieving the limited help they, Ingeus, can offer for a few weeks then self harm or try to commit suicide.

Firstly, let me make this absolutely clear, I would never consider seeking help for mental health issues with WP providers or any private company for that matter.

With that cleared up, I raised the issue because I thought it was worth doing so. I find it worrisome that a WP provider could be allowed to offer such a service, especially considering how mental health issues are so poorly understood by most employers, and certainly by other companies hired by the government, like ATOS. I also thought it was worth mentioning for anybody who reads this thread and has been assigned to Ingeus. Don't use the service. Don't give them any ammunition to use against you. Go to your doctor, who you can probably trust a hell of a lot more.

I got a leaflet about all the services they provide. I will scan it and upload it tomorrow.

Firstly, let me make this absolutely clear, I would never consider seeking help for mental health issues with WP providers or any private company for that matter.

With that cleared up, I raised the issue because I thought it was worth doing so. I find it worrisome that a WP provider could be allowed to offer such a service, especially considering how mental health issues are so poorly understood by most employers, and certainly by other companies hired by the government, like ATOS. I also thought it was worth mentioning for anybody who reads this thread and has been assigned to Ingeus. Don't use the service. Don't give them any ammunition to use against you. Go to your doctor, who you can probably trust a hell of a lot more.

I got a leaflet about all the services they provide. I will scan it and upload it tomorrow.

On this subject, it was reported some time ago that A4E had mandated candidates to attend baloneous courses of dubious intent based on Neuro Linguistic Programming.... however, I am not sure whether other Work Programme Providers (such as Ingeus) have incorporated such dubious practises yet.

This thread strikes me as very odd. There's a group of people sharing strategies to thwart the main aim of a company that has the same goal as them - namely, to assist you into employment. Given that being on the work programme means you have suffered unemployment for an extended period, it would seem obvious that you should take any help going. But instead, you seem to be wanting to make life as difficult as possible.

Now, don't get me wrong, Govt schemes of any measure tend to be inefficient & the rationale of some processes seem rather obtuse. But frankly, it's their scheme and you are only on it because you are accepting benefits from them. Therefore, I'd say that they have a right to decide how it goes, who runs it & how. Let's just say you were in a different position & a family member was in your current position. You lend them some money to get them by until they find work - would you accept that it's good manners to let them know what you are doing to find work in order to pay them back? How would you feel if, after accepting your money, they started telling you what jobs they would accept and whether they would share information with you? Or when they will come round and update you?

The extreme side of this is the individual who has added to their CV, "I do not give authority to share information with the DWP etc...." to their CV & cover letter. No employer in their right mind would interview you. That strategy is beyond self-defeating.

You will get good Ingeus advisors and bad advisors but I'd argue that your experience is worse because of the approach you take with them. The taxpayer is ultimately paying them to be there, their offices, their IT equipment etc... They offer training courses - some good, some bad. What should they do? Offer nothing?

But everyone here seems to have a clear opinion on what they shouldn't be doing, given that, I'd guess you have a clear idea of what they SHOULD be doing to help you. No-one has mentioned what that is (although I haven't read all the thread).

I'm happy to engage in this thread & offer ideas for you but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised that people are prepared to understand a different point of view.

I'm not in love with the Govt or Ingeus and have never worked for either. I've seen first hand some of the damage that the disability benefit changes have caused.

So, is anyone prepared to discuss how this thread can help them? Share ideas & strategies for helping each other into work?

This thread strikes me as very odd. There's a group of people sharing strategies to thwart the main aim of a company that has the same goal as them - namely, to assist you into employment. Given that being on the work programme means you have suffered unemployment for an extended period, it would seem obvious that you should take any help going. But instead, you seem to be wanting to make life as difficult as possible.

Now, don't get me wrong, Govt schemes of any measure tend to be inefficient & the rationale of some processes seem rather obtuse. But frankly, it's their scheme and you are only on it because you are accepting benefits from them. Therefore, I'd say that they have a right to decide how it goes, who runs it & how. Let's just say you were in a different position & a family member was in your current position. You lend them some money to get them by until they find work - would you accept that it's good manners to let them know what you are doing to find work in order to pay them back? How would you feel if, after accepting your money, they started telling you what jobs they would accept and whether they would share information with you? Or when they will come round and update you?

The extreme side of this is the individual who has added to their CV, "I do not give authority to share information with the DWP etc...." to their CV & cover letter. No employer in their right mind would interview you. That strategy is beyond self-defeating.

You will get good Ingeus advisors and bad advisors but I'd argue that your experience is worse because of the approach you take with them. The taxpayer is ultimately paying them to be there, their offices, their IT equipment etc... They offer training courses - some good, some bad. What should they do? Offer nothing?

But everyone here seems to have a clear opinion on what they shouldn't be doing, given that, I'd guess you have a clear idea of what they SHOULD be doing to help you. No-one has mentioned what that is (although I haven't read all the thread).

I'm happy to engage in this thread & offer ideas for you but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised that people are prepared to understand a different point of view.

I'm not in love with the Govt or Ingeus and have never worked for either. I've seen first hand some of the damage that the disability benefit changes have caused.

So, is anyone prepared to discuss how this thread can help them? Share ideas & strategies for helping each other into work?

There is absolutely no need for you to be so obstinately defensive on the subject of the Welfare To Work Sector in general, or the competence of Deloitte-Ingeus in particular - after all, if the Quality of Service offered by the Welfare To Work Sector was any good, then the success rate would be closer to 90-95% (in terms of facilitating access to sustainable employment), whereas the success rate according to the audited figures is closer to 2.5%-3.5%.

Well yes, it would be better if the providers were out of the equation altogether. The tax payer might well be paying them to provide dreadful offices with out of date computers and no one sufficiently skilled to provide any assistance whatsoever. Just because a scheme is tax payer funded does not mean that it's effective.

The evidence is clear, job seekers have a better chance of gaining employment without any intervention by profit driven interests.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Defensive???? I've pointed out it's inefficient & made it clear I don't have much time for either the Govt or Ingeus. I totally accept the "success" rates you have quoted. As I said in my original post, no-one seems to be coming up with any answers. If you can identify that the quality of service is poor, you must surely have some ideas as to what good looks like?

The celebrated strategies on here only serve to defeat your own aims. I'm asking the question, can we come up with any ideas that might help everyone and you can influence your experience on the work programme for the better.

So any suggestions anyone?

If you are not priviledged enough to have a computer, you'd be happy to use an out-of-date one. I'll say it again, Govt schemes tend be be inefficient, and I'll add to that, my opinion is that they aren't effective.

"Some" job seekers have a better chance of gaining employment without intervention, not everyone. "Some" depend on whatever support they can get. Not everyone is as eloquent or gifted in an IT sense as most posters on here.

As for "profit-driven." I'm not aware of any WP provider having it away with profits. Quite the contrary, many are seeking to withdraw from the scheme because they are making losses.

big problem with our youngsters out of work and no proper apprenticeships the 4/5 year ones were you're a welder,joiner etc..all this money thrown at ingeus and the like could have been drip fed to employers willing to take kids on for 4/5 year apprenticeships... employers don't see much benefit from the first 2 years as an experienced man has to keep an eye on them.so the govt could have payed 50% wages for first few years to encourage firms to take extra kids on

If you are not priviledged enough to have a computer, you'd be happy to use an out-of-date one. I'll say it again, Govt schemes tend be be inefficient, and I'll add to that, my opinion is that they aren't effective.
If I wasn't privileged enough to own a sharp hand saw, I don't think I would be happy to struggle along with a blunt one.

"Some" job seekers have a better chance of gaining employment without intervention, not everyone. "Some" depend on whatever support they can get. Not everyone is as eloquent or gifted in an IT sense as most posters on here.

That statement assumes that the majority of job seekers are unable to 'self determine'. It also makes no allowance for the availability of jobs.

Being eloquent, or gifted in the use of a PC should not be a prerequisite for employment.

As for "profit-driven." I'm not aware of any WP provider having it away with profits. Quite the contrary, many are seeking to withdraw from the scheme because they are making losses.
News to me. Would you care to name the providers that are queuing up to withdraw?

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

big problem with our youngsters out of work and no proper apprenticeships the 4/5 year ones were you're a welder,joiner etc..all this money thrown at ingeus and the like could have been drip fed to employers willing to take kids on for 4/5 year apprenticeships... employers don't see much benefit from the first 2 years as an experienced man has to keep an eye on them.so the govt could have payed 50% wages for first few years to encourage firms to take extra kids on

Given that candidates who opt for University Training may have to take out Student Loans to pay the £9K per annum Tuition Fees, ending up with Student Debt approaching £40K-£50K after 3-4 years study, with the taxpayer bankrolling this, it would be far better that, if employers do not provide sponsorship or placements, that those employers who do should not subsidise those who do not.

Hence, rather than a tax break (or the Government paying tax funds to businesses as a subsidy), it would be far better that the Government introduced a levy onto those SME's who do not offer any support for College/University Students based on the Debt Load of each student.

Well, the responses so far have regrettably been completely expected. Bar Ismael (hat tip to you for coming up with some ideas).

I figured that I'd be tagged as some Ingeus/Govt supporter & then someone else would deconstruct one of my posts referencing aspects that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

As for the WP providers withdrawing, there's more than enough information in the public domain for you to easily gather which ones.

Back to Ismael, unfortunately you are right. The "proper" apprenticeships you mentioned are in the manufacturing sector - and we all know how that has been decimated over the last 20-30 years and is receiving a final nail in the coffin now. Money isn't being thrown at WP providers as you'd think, firstly it is principally an outcome based model, i.e. you get job, they get paid, and even then, it's over period of time they get sustainment payments.

The Govt is throwing money at apprenticeships. Employers get a £1500 apprentice grant after 13 weeks which isn't too bad considering the apprentice wage. There is also a Young Persons Wage incentive - best part of £2500 for an employer.

Overall, I think you are heading in the right direction with the idea. Rather than throwing money at unhelpful training courses (most, not all!) & legions of funded organisations set up to advise people how to get jobs or encourage them into self-employment, there's a lot to be said for allocating greater amounts to employers creating employment.

Hence, rather than a tax break (or the Government paying tax funds to businesses as a subsidy), it would be far better that the Government introduced a levy onto those SME's who do not offer any support for College/University Students based on the Debt Load of each student.

At least we are starting to get some ideas through about what should be done. There might be more than a few business owners who might want a vigorous debate about that suggestion RP.

Anyway, this thread seems initially to be about individual issues with WP (Ingeus) providers. Anyone got any ideas as to how they can get into sustained employment? Tackling the "what the Govt should do" might take a little longer than all of us have. What can "we" do to help each other?

Well, the responses so far have regrettably been completely expected. Bar Ismael (hat tip to you for coming up with some ideas).

What responses did you expect? Exactly the one you got, of course, which leads me to wonder why you are here. You appear to have joined this forum with the specific intention of scolding its members. Most of the time, it's considered appropriate to spend time learning about the forum culture and rules before posting inflamatory rhetoric and complaining that your pearls of wisdom are not sufficiently appreciated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I figured that I'd be tagged as some Ingeus/Govt supporter & then someone else would deconstruct one of my posts referencing aspects that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.
If you managed to figure all that out in advance, it beggars the question as to why you made the post in the first place. Having posts deconstructed only happens when someone posts garbage in the first place.

As for the WP providers withdrawing, there's more than enough information in the public domain for you to easily gather which ones.
Hmm, either I'm a complete duffer with this surfing lark, or there actually isn't anything out there about WP providers deserting the sinking ship. Cite your sources and prove your statement.

What responses did you expect? Exactly the one you got, of course, which leads me to wonder why you are here. You appear to have joined this forum with the specific intention of scolding its members. Most of the time, it's considered appropriate to spend time learning about the forum culture and rules before posting inflamatory rhetoric and complaining that your pearls of wisdom are not sufficiently appreciated.

If I see someone in the street & I think or perceive that they may be in need of assistance, I'm the one that walks over and offers that assistance. I don't walk by. I don't see the "specific intention of scolding its members," I do see having a different perspective, perhaps that may resonate with some & help.

As much as advice dealing with Ingeus can be offered, can a discussion on how to help each other get a job be allowed? Or how best to approach dealing with Ingeus?

You play a dangerous game of censorship when one of the site team appears to try & bully someone here with the clear intention of assistance (albeit from a differing perspective), off the thread.

If I see someone in the street & I think or perceive that they may be in need of assistance, I'm the one that walks over and offers that assistance. I don't walk by. I don't see the "specific intention of scolding its members," I do see having a different perspective, perhaps that may resonate with some & help.

As much as advice dealing with Ingeus can be offered, can a discussion on how to help each other get a job be allowed? Or how best to approach dealing with Ingeus?

You play a dangerous game of censorship when one of the site team appears to try & bully someone here with the clear intention of assistance (albeit from a differing perspective), off the thread.

You walked in here and addressed people like they were a meeting of juvenile delinquents. As I said, the polite thing to do is to learn and understand.

If you wish to start a "how to help each other get jobs" thread, feel free to do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The polite thing to do if someone arrives with the best intentions but perhaps not in the manner afforded by experience, is to welcome them & guide them if they are sailing close to the wind.

"Learn & understand." Has anyone afforded me that courtesy today - has anyone tried?

You can keep your big sticks & subtle censorship - I'll take my time & efforts elsewhere.

So much for waking up today & having the wild notion of trying to help/support others. This is why people are reluctant to do it.