• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Barclaycard courtclaim re:Charges +6yrs -***WON*** Compound Int't and **NO SET-OFF**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Shelley,

You'll have to print off the 1st bundle yourself but I'll leave you to calculate if it's cheaper or easier to get the 2nd and (if needed) 3rd copies printed off at a copy shop.

Gnite :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slick,

I am pleased to report to that Barclays have increased their offer but the difference to my claim amount and the offer is exactly the amount which equals the original charges. Now I am in a quandry as to whether I should accept!

I will try to scan in later but it's progress.

Regards

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi Shelley,

Roughly what is their current offer and what does your spready show.

It's possible they have forgotten to include the actual default charges, in which case, you can point this out and ask them to offer the correct amount as per your updated SOC.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Shelley,

Roughly what is their current offer and what does your spready show.

It's possible they have forgotten to include the actual default charges, in which case, you can point this out and ask them to offer the correct amount as per your updated SOC.

Hi Slick,

Today's offer:

We refer to the above proceedings.

As you will see from our defence, we disagree with your legal analysis that the charges levied to your account with Barclays amount to penalty clauses and are unfair. We do, however, recognise that it is not cost effective for either party to take this matter all the way to trial. Therefore, in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated for both parties in pursuing this claim further, we are prepared to settle your claim by returning to you the charges applied, together with interest which comes to £2384.80 subject to the terms set out in this letter.

This offer to pay £2384.80 in the above fashion is in full and final settlement of the whole of your claim and is strictly without any admission of liability on our part. By accepting this offer, you also agree that the existence and the terms of this offer remain confidential between us.

Please sign and return a copy of this letter to us (by fax, email or post) at the above address within the next seven days. You will also need to notify the County Court, in writing, that you have discontinued your claim. Please forward to us a copy of your letter to the Court.

Should you decide to reject the Bank’s offer, we reserve the right to disclose this letter to the Court on the subject of costs.

The difference is in the region of £500 but the difference between the two offers, is the exact amount of the charges before interest.

I think they have pitched this just right for them because if I continued taking it to court and it didn't go in my favour would I have costs to pay?

I was going to sleep on it and see how I woke up TBH.

Regards

Shelley

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

You need to make it clear to them that your SOC figure is the settlement you require before you discontinue your court action. Do not worry about court costs at this stage as you should still be able to accept their current offer if it gets to scary for you.

Suggest that they appear to have agreed to your interest calculations but have forgotten to include the actual default charges.

Enclose a copy of your (updated) SOC and ask them to reconsider once more, to avoid continuation of your court proceedings.

Ask them to confirm that they will refund the sum of £2,8xx.xx to you in full and final settlement of your claim, by direct payment to you. Give them your bank sort code and account number to facilitate the payment by Direct Transfer.

My advice is to stand your ground now but the choice, of course, is yours. :wink:

Hi Slick,

Thank you for your continued support. You have given me a little extra confidence to email them the following;

After careful peruse of your latest offer I note from the correspondence dated 12th August 2011 (which I believe should read 12th September 2011) and your email of 15th September 2011, it appears there is a difference of £xxx.00 which, coincidentally just happens to be the amount of the original charges.

In order to assist you and to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion, to agree a full and final settlement, I have attached an upto date Schedule of Claim for your further consideration and would request that the amount of £28xx.xx be deposited into the following bank account within the next 5 days, to prevent continuation of the court process to which this claim refers.

I trust this will be given due consideration and look forward to hearing from you in the not too distant future.

I await tomorrows response with planned celebrations for the week-end, hopefully.

Regards

Shelley

Hi Slick,

I am ecstatic today to return home this evening to find a favourable response to my cheeky email early hours this morning. If it hadn't been for your support and encouragement I would most certainly have gone at the first hurdle. They have caved in and offered me the full amount matching my latest SOC and I cheekily said I wanted in my bank within 5 days. I will email a copy of the signed letter this evening and start my shopping list with a donation to CAG without fail.

I cannot begin to express my gratitude for all the support, expertise and patience that you and your colleagues have shown me through this process and it instills confidence for me to continue with the other many claims I have in progress currently.

Would someone please advise how I make my donation to CAG and I will ensure this is my first priority?

This thread can be transferreed to the **WON** cases once I have confirmed cash is in the bank.

:dance:

Sincere regards

Shelley

Hi ims,

Thank you for the link that's great but I don't seem to be able to connect to it. Is the link okay? It gives me an error message.

I just hope the rest of my claims goes as smooth.

Shelley

• Haha 1

Hi ims,

Thank you for the link that's great but I don't seem to be able to connect to it. Is the link okay? It gives me an error message.

I just hope the rest of my claims goes as smooth.

Shelley

ooooh...works for me

If not, click the words above my avatar....that'll certainly do it.

Just think what you've learned from this experience and how much more confident and empowered you must feel. Good feelings aren't they?

This part of the journey is over (when you get the loot of course) and I wish you well for the rest of your claims.

I've also clicked your star and sent you a message

All the best and keep at 'em

ims

Thank you ims.

I'm grinning like the cat who got the cream. It's a marvellous feeling.

It will make a huge difference to my O/H as he needs some aids to make his life more comfortable and a little TLC helps.

I am truly grateful for ALL the support provided here and I will have great pleasure going for the other banks now :)

Regards

Shelley

They obviously require a copy of my letter to the courts withdrawing my claim before they deposit funds into the bank account. Does anyone have a mini template of how I should word this please?

Many thanks

Shelley

Hi Shelley,

Well done for sticking to your guns and seeing this through to the end. :cheer2:

The way it normally works is :-

1.You agree the settlement sum and send them a letter to confirm you accept this in F&F Settlement of this claim. (Do not agree to confidentiality)

2. They deposit it in your designated bank a/c.

3. You then send a letter to court confirming your wish to discontinue your claim.

4. You send the bank a copy of your letter of discontinuance.

I can't find a template but it needs to simply say :-

The Court Manager

xxxxxxxx County Court

Address

xxxxxx

Postcode

Dear sir or madam,

Claim No: 8AB54321

Shelley - (Claimant) -v- Barclays Bank PLC (Defendant)

I refer to my claim against the Defendant and am pleased to confirm that settlement has be reached between us.

I therefore wish to discontinue my claim and thank the Court for it's services in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Thread title changed to reflect your win. :whoo:

Good evening Slick,

Thank you for dropping in again.

I am probably sounding a bit dim here but what difference does it make to not agree to the confidentiality clause?

Shelley

and to think at every stage you waNTED TO almost give up

see told ya' in about my 3rd post to you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and to think at every stage you waNTED TO almost give up

see told ya' in about my 3rd post to you

dx

It's having the supporting 'Cagger's' family which has given me the strength to continue dx

One bank down, six to go...........

If you agree to confidentiality, you cannot normally disclose the existence of the settlement or it's terms.

This is the bank's way of trying to stop folk telling each other that the bank has paid out compound interest claims.

Have you already agreed to confidentiality - if so, we will need to review the thread and remove any posts that refer to settlement which were made after you agreed to confidentiality.

Hi Slick,

I have NOT agreed to any confidentiality clauses nor do I intend to. I just didn't know how or what it affected.

Thanks for the verification.

Shelley

Hi Shelley and I'm delighted to hear there is no confidentiality clause.

Full settlement and no court bundles - that's a few trees saved.

Let us know how it goes with tying up the loose ends here.

:-)

Hi Shelley and I'm delighted to hear there is no confidentiality clause.

Full settlement and no court bundles - that's a few trees saved.

Let us know how it goes with tying up the loose ends here.

Hi Slick,

They have put a confidentiality sentence in their acceptance letter but I will be declining it. They've said "By accepting this offer, you also agree that the existence and the terms of this offer remain confidential between us".

Are they likely to withdraw the offer when I decline to agree to the 'confidentiality clause'? How have other people worded their acceptance letters?

Regards

Shelley

Just strike through the confidentiality clause when you send the letter back to them.

You can say to them, "With respect, this is my court claim and it will be settled on terms that I find acceptable, or it will proceed to trial."

If they do not like it, see what they say and we can review the situation.

Hi Slick,

I have done that and will see what response I get tomorrow.

I have been looking around the website to see of there is a standard form to complete for the courts to withdraw the claim, to no avail so I guess its just a letter from us saying an acceptable agreement has been reached etc? But, I won't be sending that until I have cleared funds in the account.

Not long to wait before I find out :)

Regards

Shelley

Hi Shelley,

I drafted a discontinuance letter for you at Post #138 on the last page :???:

Let us know how the continuing negotiations go.

Hi Shelley,

I drafted a discontinuance letter for you at Post #138 on the last page :???:

Let us know how the continuing negotiations go.

Sincere apologies, I have been surfing the website most of the day for things - researching for 'other claims' in progress and appear to have got mixed up. Letter is drafted, ready to go.

Thank you.

Updates will be forth coming :)

They have sent a further email with the offer attached (which is unopenable) having deleted the 'confidentiality clause' as requested, but they are requesting I sign that one now. Persoanlly, I don't see why that is necessary considering I have scored through the confidentiality clause sentence and signed and returned that one yesterday.

Sounds like delay tactics to me and they have appropriate bank details but they're now asking for name and address of bank!

Any opinions please.

Shelley