ESA WRAG + Work Programme

Quixotic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm worried about this work programme thing, not sure on the facts about it to be fair but I got put into the WRAG after my atos assessment, I have appealed that I should be in support group, CAB sent in the appeal form but I haven't heard anything back............ wasn't sure what exactly I had to do, went to CAB who said the first step was to send in the form which they just wrote basic things on and then said you just wait but now i'm thinking that person may not have had a clue, she told me that if I get any more letters for work focused interviews then just don't go and get a medical cert from the doctor but after talking to my doctor about that he said that it was very bad advice, that they won't accept the med cert and will just stop the benefits, i'm just confused about everything and really worried basically! I had an appointment for another work focused interview but they called and cancelled it and said they would re-arrange in the next month or two.... which is confusing, could that be because of the appeal?

Does anyone know what exactly the work programme entails for people in WRAG? I really don't see how they can say yeah you've been found ill BUT you can also work, you're either ill or you're not, even my doctor thinks it's a complete joke, you know there's something wrong when a doctor rants about it for 20 minutes during an appointment! I honestly think they are just trying to anger/sicken people so much to the point that people will be forced/worried so much that they will just go try look for work to not be made any more ill by these people and their games, that's honestly how I feel right now, which isn't right when you're genuinely ill.

Sigh

At the moment all you need to do is to attend the work focused interviews. They can't make you do any work, they can encourage you to consider alternative types of work or training. Under new work programme scheme - if its in your area yet - I don't think it becomes mandatory unless you're considered within 3 months of being 'fit for work'.

If you don't turn up for the work focused interviews without good reason, your benefit will be stopped.

"considered within 3 months of being 'fit for work'"

Is that considered fit for work by them and their joke corrupt atos so called professionals or by your own doctor? what if you are awaiting treatment but there is a waiting list of more than 3 months, is that taken into consideration? since my "assessment" I have been forwarded for treatment but have been told it will be a long wait and my medication has also got higher in dose, should I inform them of this?

I have no idea how they decide someone is within 3 months of being fit for work - its pretty subjective and open to abuse by 'targets', and I'm not sure what appeal rights any such decision has. I don't think its been rolled out for ESA at all yet, so you don't need to worry.

At the moment all you need to do is turn up, have a chat and go home. I had mine a few months ago, he agreed I couldn't work at all and then I gave him benefit advice because he was being made redundant.

I guess you had a civil advisor, i've only been to one of those and she was rude and arrogant, amongst other things. I don't even know what's going on with the appeal so it's a complete nightmare right now, for all I know they might have not received it given the amount of mail they claim to not have received. I don't know if you're supposed to tell them if your medication has changed or any other parts to do with treatment and no point talking to the advisor because she was about as helpful as a chocolate teapot and not very nice and after going to CAB and not getting very good advice i'm not sure where to turn to.

I failed my first medical as the person doing it said I was fit to return to work in 3 months, that was in Oct 09 and I have the same condition. I appealed and was put into the WRAG and found the chap to be very helpful. I think I had to attend a certain amount of mandatory interviews than after a while they were voluntary. The first interview was just getting to know what I'd done and what I wanted to get out of it. He was very nice, never pushed me to do anything I felt I couldn't. Most of my appointments were spent with him moaning about the state of DWP and the ridiculousness of ESA. Don't feel you are forced into anything, if you don't feel up to it than tell them. The WRAG chap I saw was very helpful. they can even offer you courses. Some of my anxiety is brought on by crowds of people, public transport and I have slight agrophobia so he said there are things in place and I could qualify for a taxi service, if I was to get a job. They also offer bonuses as an inspiration to get back to work, but again, if you don't feel up to it, tell them. He even helped me sort out a muck up with my benefit. Very helpoful, bit gutted his contract wasn't renewed tho :(

Good luck

Lisa x

Also, believe it or not, these people are there to help you. I couldn't go to a couple of my interviews due to my anxiety and having no one to come with me so I had them over the phone instead. Your best bet is to go. It probably won't be as bad as you think it will and if it is, you just have to grin and bear it for one 15 minute monthly appointment (which is what mine averaged as) to keep the other drones happy so you can have time to try and get yourself well.

Edited by pinklisar

Pinklisar

:p:razz:

Does that mean if they think you're fit to go back to work within 3 months then you'll fail anyway? :| I got told my re-assessment date was in 3 months, although it's a little over 3 months, i'm guessing i'll get another question form through soon! my advisor when I went, basically was rude, patronising, gave me the news of my re-assessment date when i'd just got the letter stating about getting put into the WRAG group, then went on to tell me how i'll have to do courses and look for work and that ESA will pretty much be treated like jobseekers if you're in the WRAG, I think she got a kick out of being nasty and stressing people out even more, she wasn't helpful in the slightest, asked her if she could e-mail or call to request my medical report, she said call this number, I said I don't use phones, her response "oh well then" so she basically didn't tell me anything good at all or informative and she certainly didn't care about my health issues or what's best for me, she also had an attitude regarding me going there with someone.

Sorry, that last post was complete crap, I falied because he didn't listen. the last medical i just passed said I was fit for return to work in 6 months and that is when my next medical is due. I was under the impression you get seen yearly but received a new medical questionaire in March and new medical date after only winning my appeal in the previous September.

I'm sorry your advisor was so rude, I've been on ESA since June 09 and have never had an experience like that related to the WRAG. Being on ESA and getting put into the WRAG is NOTHING like being on JSA. In my opinion she is talking a load of crap. You don't HAVE to do anything. You are claiming a benefit as you are ill and not capable of work else you would be claiming JSA!

Is your local WRAG at the Job Centre? Mine was outsourced to another company who's contracts were unfortunately not renewed. I'm pretty sure i've seen some info about WRAG and what is expected of you somewhere. I will have a look and post it up.

With regards to your medical report, could you write and request a copy. You are well within your rights to do so. the first medical I had and failed i received a copy of my report which included the points score i was given but when i requested it for the second one, which I passed, all I received was basically a transcript of the questions and answers and the persons opinion.

You could put a complaint in about that woman as well.

Lisa x

Pinklisar

Yeah it is at the local JCP, not much point putting a complaint in, they go in one ear and out the other, I don't think I have the energy or motivation to do it anyway, dealing with these people just drains the life out of me, I spoke to my doctor about it and they can't even do anything about it, it's like doctors opinions don't matter, he said he sometimes will get something to fill in about a patient, with questions like "how can we help this person, is there anything we can do?" and he said he feels like writing "yes, leave them alone to get better and stop harassing them" i'm sure doctors feel like they are in a no win situation too, they can give out medication but at the end of the day, if people are being harassed and constantly stressed about what's round the corner then no one is going to get better even with medication, probably just end up with more problems or other health issues! anyone dealing with these people for a long time I could see being driven to insanity.

I am sorry your having a rough time with it. I do agree that our own GP's opinions don't matter. When I told my GP who has known me for nearly 20 years that I failed my medical, his words to me were 'you must have told them something different to what you told me'. I hadn't, like I said earlier, the bloke didn't listen. It's horrendous that some people get treated like crap when they are genuinely ill. I appreciate the government have to try and get rid of the fakers and frauds but it always seems to be the genuine people that suffer. It really is frustrating.

Pinklisar

Does that mean if they think you're fit to go back to work within 3 months then you'll fail anyway? :| I got told my re-assessment date was in 3 months, although it's a little over 3 months, i'm guessing i'll get another question form through soon! my advisor when I went, basically was rude, patronising, gave me the news of my re-assessment date when i'd just got the letter stating about getting put into the WRAG group, then went on to tell me how i'll have to do courses and look for work and that ESA will pretty much be treated like jobseekers if you're in the WRAG, I think she got a kick out of being nasty and stressing people out even more, she wasn't helpful in the slightest, asked her if she could e-mail or call to request my medical report, she said call this number, I said I don't use phones, her response "oh well then" so she basically didn't tell me anything good at all or informative and she certainly didn't care about my health issues or what's best for me, she also had an attitude regarding me going there with someone.

The people at the work focused interviews are completely separate from atos and dwp. They can't deal with queries over your claim and you don't need to tell them about changes in medication, they are literally there to talk about courses and possible future job opportunities.

What she told you was a load of crap, wrag are not going to be treated like jobseekers - sounds like SHE got the wrong end of the stick or is just an anti-benefits type.

Arm yourself with the facts, they're your best defense against idiots.

My hubby is in the same situation,,, hes been told by hospital and his gp that he will never be ft forwork again as hes had a 2 major strokes in the past year and heart surgery as well 3 years ago and is also diabetic and got all sorts wrong with him and they wanted him to attend a WRAG and I rang and told them he is recovering from a stroke andd had just come out of hospital but can anyone understand English?? Seems they live on a differnt planet and think all are shirkers and she even suggested my husband was pretending to have had a stroke!!! If I had been talkignto her face to face she wouldnt have had one left for saying that!! How dare she!! I complained to them but all they could do was apologise for that person as they should never have said that to me. He didnt attend the interveiw and his benefit is still being paid. But they really need to get their act together for trying to make people who have written proof that they will never be able to work again, look for work. He would spend so much time off for being unwell it wouldnt be viable to employ him when someone fit and well could do the work to support their families.