PDUK aslking for breakdown of outgoings - is this allowed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently trying to negotiate payment plans with a number of PDL companies, one of which is PDUK. I have been receiving several e-mails a day from them and have explained several times that due to my husband currently not working I am unable to pay. I also explained I have a set amount to pay to my creditors each month, offering PDUK £30 a month with a request to stop charges and interest.

Today I received the following e-mail:

Thank you for your email. In order for us to agree a suitable payment plan for you we will need you to complete the below income and expenditure form detailing your monthly income and outgoings: Monthly Salary: £ Other Monthly Income (Benefits, Pension etc): £ Total Income £ Rent/Mortgage: £ Utility Bills: £ Mobile Phone: £ Groceries: £ Credit Card and/or other Loan payments: £ Other: £ Total outgoings £ Amount left over £ Please also advise what other credit commitments you have and how much your arranged payments are to each. Once we have this an agent will make an assessment and propose an arrangement which assists you in repaying the balance and supports your current financial situation. Please fax this to us on 0845 127 4365 or alternatively email it to us on this address. You can contact the office on 0800 280 2666 (Call charges may apply depending on your telephone provider) between 9:00am – 8:30pm Monday to Friday and 10am – 3pm on Saturday should you have any further queries. Until a payment has been received your account is not on hold and payment can be tried at any time.

Are they allowed to request all this information? Also the final sentence seems rather concerning, although my debit card is cancelled so not too worried on that score. Any advice on an appropriate response greatly appreciated.

The problem with these companies is that they have access to your account and will almost certainly try and obtain payment . The only way to defeat this is open another account and close the existing one. (albeit this can difficult if the account is in overdraft.

As for the financial statement, I would suggest that you obtain a properly drafted and acurate statement through on of the charitable advice agencies as they will properly calculate your essential spending.

You could argue that creditors do not have a right to obtain this information, but equally they do not have to agree to your proposal or indeed freeze interest.

Edited by Crocdoc

They can request the information but its up to you if you give it to them.

If it helps to get your arrangement in place why not give it them. as stated above they do not have to agree to a repayment plan.