HSBC credit card query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About seven years ago HSBC (with whom I had mortgage at the time) offered me a gold credit card with a 5k limit. I accepted the offer, limit eventually went up to 6k but when my marriage broke down I had to stop paying it as couldn't afford to (about 2 years ago). I had a DMP for a short while which made a couple of payments, but I gave this up as seemed to be a waste of time and money!

Obviously received letters from HSBC, then DCA and also some solicitors, but so far nothing more has come of any of this and I have ignored all letters. I recently checked my credit file and there is no record of this card on there - is this because I never applied for the card, I was just offered it outright?

should I continue ignoring the letters or when I get another one send CCA request? Many thanks.

Can't see that you need to do anything unless something turns up.

Then if it does tell us help will be here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It could also be worth while explaining your situation and offering a token payment £1 per month

Then conduct a CCA request just out of interest and because you can

If you think long term, what if it gets nasty, can you be seen as being reasonable? or did you just not pay AND not correspond?

Just MHO, i am sure you will get lots of advice all with different perspectives

I certainly would not acknowledge the debt in any way, shape or form at the moment. You'll get the threatening letters telling you they might do this and that and this could result in x,y and z happening. Unless you receive something concrete that is definitely going to lead to court action I would continue to ignore for the moment.

Alloyz - the problem with what you say is that 2 years have passed and nothing has really happened. If this carries on it could well become SB. Acknowledging it by offering a token repayment would start the clock ticking all over again. I think this is why peoople are not going with your line of thinking.

Tingy

He doesnt dispute the debt and states he accepted it.

He therefore is only suffering hardship and not disputing the debt exists.

The token payment is adviseable in this scenario and goes in his favour should he end up in court due to default.

Not paying is advisable or an option if the debt is disputed or proven unenforceable.

By advising him not to pay in this situation is debt repayment avoidance, which is a different scenario.

Just my opinion