VT v NatWest Credit Cards

VeryTrying
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've reached the stage of waiting for a reply to my LBA. I've sent both the prelim and the LBA to Southend, got a late reply to the prelim, and am not expecting a reply to the LBA before it's MCOL time on Monday.

Has anybody else been dealing with NW credit cards, or has everything been mainly with the current account side of things?

Im a little ahead of you on the Credit Card side of things. I sent letters to Southend and got replies, i sent a third advising i was taking court action if they didn't answer me with a full payment, they responded with an insulting little offer so i called them telling them this and that i was filling claim. 14th Sept they have ackowledged claim and intend to defend the claim to the full. Same guy is defending as the guy that signed my cheque for my current account.

• Confused 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Thanks for your reply. Like you, I've already done the current account (dealing with that nice Mr Higley) and was so pleased with the outcome I thought I'd try the credit cards.

Who did you file your claim against? NWCS in Southend or NW Bank at 135 Bishopsgate?

Good luck and I'll watch your thread with interest ....... is that interest at 8% or the contractual rate?

On my credit card it is also the 8% as well. I got all confused about the contractual interest. I served it at Bishopsgate as the served address is the same. They have acknowledged it. Good Luck. I'll be posting more about Credit card as it comes in on my thread.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

What charges did you acutally claim for?

Late Payment Fees

Over Limit Fees

Cash Afvance Fees

Cahs Interest Fees

Purchase Interest Fees

I'm not sure?

Overlimit Fees and Late Payment Fees. The rest are all fees within the service.

Overlimit Fees and Late Payment Fees. The rest are all fees within the service.

Agree with ORFOSTER - only the penalty charges should be reclaimed, plus of course the interest you might have paid on the charges.

BTW, issued MCOL claim on the 19th (Tuesday) but still haven't received a reply to my LBA. Perhaps when/if one arrives, it will be offering a full refund!

I sent in three letters to credit cards and when they came back with 3rd reply there was a tiny tiny offer in there, didn't even add up to the court costs. Good Luck. Im sure you will be fine.

Im sure you will be fine.

You are so, so right ..... I'm fine ever since the post arrived this morning!

I know NW have acted quickly in the past but this one takes some beating:

Claim issued Tuesday, 19th September

Deemed served Sunday, 24th September

Letter received from RBS, Saturday, 23rd September (no further action required).

Why are NW/RBS settling some claims so very quickly? Is it just claims for less than, say, £1000 which are being finalised almost without checking?

Any opinions?

Same, had a pay out of my credit card as well, however they have applied more charges yet the account is in credit. Oh well. They settled my £2500 claim without even looking at the forms, i won by default!

I sent my letter to south-end and got a reply, refunded after the 1st letter!! I was suprised myself, maybe they have been getting alot in south-end, who knows, fact is I won and thats all that maters.

NatWest Credit Card - All charges refunded (£350.41) after first request sent :D

HSBC - 1st Approach Letter sent (£62.41) 12/09/2006. LBA sent recorded delivery 26/09/2006.

6/10/2006 - We believe that if this went to court etc we would win letter, but we are refunding you the charges made, we accept no liability - LOL I think by refundng me you accept that you are wrong!! I win :D

Capital One - 1st Approach Letter sent (£40) 20/09/2006. 29/09/2006 Full refund offered, letter dated 25/09/2006.

Barclaycard - £235 charges - Pending Action. WON!!

Halifax - Prepairing letters for £125 in charges on closed account. WON!!

Natwest Creditcard again

£12 late payment charge 13/11/2006 - LBA sent 17/11/2006. WON!!

Fight the power, you owe the banks nothing and they owe you everything!!

Now it's 3-0 to me :D

and you VT :-) we all kicked some natwest arse!!

NatWest Credit Card - All charges refunded (£350.41) after first request sent :D

HSBC - 1st Approach Letter sent (£62.41) 12/09/2006. LBA sent recorded delivery 26/09/2006.

6/10/2006 - We believe that if this went to court etc we would win letter, but we are refunding you the charges made, we accept no liability - LOL I think by refundng me you accept that you are wrong!! I win :D

Capital One - 1st Approach Letter sent (£40) 20/09/2006. 29/09/2006 Full refund offered, letter dated 25/09/2006.

Barclaycard - £235 charges - Pending Action. WON!!

Halifax - Prepairing letters for £125 in charges on closed account. WON!!

Natwest Creditcard again

£12 late payment charge 13/11/2006 - LBA sent 17/11/2006. WON!!

Fight the power, you owe the banks nothing and they owe you everything!!

Now it's 3-0 to me :D