style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend recently went into a shop, bought a small item in a box but before leaving the shop realised it was broken.

She tried to return the item only to be told that this was not the item that was purchased and had been swapped. Because my friend made a fuss the police were called and she was searched and threatened with being taken to the station.

CCTV was looked at but as they had a blind spot in the store my friend was told that she would be contacted when a more senior security person could view the whole stores cctv.

They didnt ring her so a week later she went back to the store, the manager wouldnt come to see her but she was given her money back.

I belive that cctv was checked in my friends favour , i think the police were called in the hope my friend would just leave quietly.

She got a parking ticket because she was so long in the shop, searched and questioned in view of other customers and accused of theft with absolutely no proof. She never once left the shop.

Is she entitled to compensation.

There is no doubt she 'could' try to get compensation for the monetary loss she aquired as a result of the parking ticket and also damages as a result of being falsely accused of shoplifting, and the damgaes could be substantial, many thousands perhaps, but any legal action may be strongly defended with the very real risk of costs which could be substantial, which your friend may have to pay if she lost, perhaps a visit to a solicitor would be useful, she should be able to get a half hour visit free and get some advice.

Before legal action, she should write to the store and/or its HQ to get their view, point out that you were innocent, no charges were made and that you incurred losses (the parkling ticket) and that you are contemplating seeking damages.

Andy

My friend recently went into a shop, bought a small item in a box but before leaving the shop realised it was broken.

She tried to return the item only to be told that this was not the item that was purchased and had been swapped. Because my friend made a fuss the police were called and she was searched and threatened with being taken to the station.

CCTV was looked at but as they had a blind spot in the store my friend was told that she would be contacted when a more senior security person could view the whole stores cctv.

They didnt ring her so a week later she went back to the store, the manager wouldnt come to see her but she was given her money back.

I belive that cctv was checked in my friends favour , i think the police were called in the hope my friend would just leave quietly.

She got a parking ticket because she was so long in the shop, searched and questioned in view of other customers and accused of theft with absolutely no proof. She never once left the shop.

Is she entitled to compensation.

Who issued the ticket??

Who issued the ticket??

The council issued the ticket.

I think a complaint to the police could also be in order as when my friend pointed out an obvious lie the police woman said she was impartial.