minimum hours in contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my employer contracts me to a minimum 30 hours, then doesn't provide me with 30 hours work resulting in my wages being less than 30 hours, he sometimes tells me not to bother coming in at all resulting in me having to use my holiday entitlement to make up my wages to 30 hours, can he do this, i thought the employment contracting laws in England states that if he contracts me to a minimum 30 hours in my contract that he must provide me with 30 hours or pay me the 30 hours contract minimum?????

Hi,

Do you have a similar thread, somewhere on the forum?

a) How long have you been working for your employer?

b) Are those 30 hours per week contractual? - Are they mentioned on your statement of employment particulars?

c) Do the hours vary regularly, and to the same extent? (ie. 20 hours per week)

d) How long as it been going for?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hi,

Do you have a similar thread, somewhere on the forum?

a) How long have you been working for your employer?

b) Are those 30 hours per week contractual? - Are they mentioned on your statement of employment particulars?

c) Do the hours vary regularly, and to the same extent? (ie. 20 hours per week)

d) How long as it been going for?[

a, a year and a half

b yes they are mentioned in my contract and a letter from my employer saying he agreed to give me a minimum of 30 hours in my original interview

c, my hours vary in a regular basis and never are the same as jobs are accepted over the phone or by e-mail and then i am informed as to what they re and where with no regard to how long or how often

d, it started around 3 months into the job with some excuse to carry it on as long as possible and now i've asked for a copy of the company contructural agreement into my hours i have been threatened into signing away my rights with a change of contract, to comply or else

my contract states

HOURS OF CONTRACT

your contracual hours will be 30 hours per week monday to friday/over seven days, if necessary. you will be entitled to an unpaid break of 30 minutes each day. this break is to be taken to fit in with the requirements of the business.

in addition, you may be from time to time be required to be flexible with your working hours as requested which may include working outside those stated above............

I cannot see the added section can be classed as an official contractual section explaining overtime hours, conditions and pay as it is missing all these and a proper heading.

If that is all it states, and it has no Lay Off clause, then your employer should be paying you for the 30 hrs contracted, and if this is the case you need to ask for a meeting with your manager and put your case to them, they will then put their case to you, which will then enable you to know how you should proceed. If it turns out that you have misread or lost part of your contract, you have nowhere to go, but if it is a case that they say you have not worked it, so I am not paying you, then you have to submit a grievance, and potentially a claim to the courts.

the contract states you will work Monday to Friday, and over seven days if necessary, and then goes onto state that you may have to work outside the hours stated above?????

Either you have not been accurate when you input the contract details onto this post, or your employer does not work off the same calendar as the rest of the UK:

Can you confirm what the contract states?

i have put up on here all my contract states as hours though i have two other letters as a result of my talks with management that both confirm a minimum 30 hours promised in my contract and that the paragraph beginning with the words "in addition" is the contracts clause on overtime hours.