Arnold Clark------Office of Fair trading (OFT)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi scaniaman , So glad you had a good break and such an informative one too. I have received e-mail from Cit. Advice. They are putting my concerns to Sefton, Liverpool OFT. They say I should write to AC as there could be 2 points of law with my concerns: a) they misled me to believe that they were VW second hand car dealers when they ARE NOT and b) and there could be a point of law if they sold me a car that may be dangerous. I have had the car checked by VW themselves and they seem to think it is NOT dangerous. I sent my e-mail direct to MP Bill Esterson. He did not respond personally but his Parliamentary Associate did and she has passed my comments to one of Bill Esterson's case workers. Are e-mails treated differently to letters? Would he not do the same with a letter?

I have written to AC and have received an acknowledement letter from a Graham Barrie, Customer Services apologising on behalf of MD and looking into the matter.

Regards

ladycoke

• 2 weeks later...

Further little update:

They sorted out the Zafira in short order and the loan car was fine. They actually replaced the windscreen as the chip was too severe to repair!

Wife has been into another dealership elsewhere and is purchasing another car to replace it (it's crap - don't know if that's Zafira's in general or just this one) and got talking to the salesman. Apparently there's a 14-day cooling off period in Arnold Clark's own paperwork for any purchase. Interesting, given that when my wife traded in her Volvo for a Ford she was given no paperwork as the branch insisted that everything was done online and they *could not* provide any paperwork! Therefore she had no chance to take her contract / rights home with her.

Then when she returned the next morning citing that the car was not fit for purpose, she was told "tough" (actually, there's a little more detail but it boils down to this).

Collating further details and sending it all to MP shortly.

Hello Mosh

Thanks for your message. I am doing the same. My MP has just asked me for permission to write to AC, which I gave. I have today received a second letter from AC in response to my plea for another car. Once again they have refused. I am also waiting for OFT to get back to me.

Lets keep on fighting AC. Some body, some where will eventually hear us and do something for us. As big as they are, as the saying goes, the greater the fall.

Be in touch

ladycoke

• 3 weeks later...

To Mosh and Scaniaman

Here is an update concerning the ongoing saga with Arnold Clark. My MP has written to OFT. A David Kennedy from (OFT) phoned me and I am waiting to hear from him. In the meantime, AC wrote to my MP and attempted to fob them off by repeating what they said to me. The person dealing with my case from my MP's office, is on holiday but will contact me next week on her return. She is Parliamentary Assistant to Bill Esterson, MP.

Sometimes I think its going in my favour and other times I wish I could close the matter and be in peace. Be in touch.

ladycoke

It would be helpful if you would impress on Mr. Kennedy the large volume of complaints about AC.

During the last month i have been staying at several venues. At EACH place i have been approached by SEVERAL people who have noticed my rear window sticker ( Arnold Shark---Never Again) and in every case the people have all had issues with this firm.

Unfortunately, none of these people have done very much about their complaint (and were not aware of this web site), thus Messers Clark get away with their trading practices.

What came out of every conversation was the opinion that once clark got your money, they just couldn't care less what happened to your car. Perhaps time where every clark customer bought their car on a straight HP agreement????

• 2 months later...
At long last, it would appear that the OFT are prepared to listen to customer complaints about the ab ove company.If you would like to make a genuine complaint to the OFT, then PM me, and i will give you the direct reference number pertaining to this file and the name of the person handling the file on behalf of Heather Clayton.Please remember, the more genuine complaints that the OFT receive, the greater the likelyhood of them taking action.It has been said on the internet, that considering the large volume of cars being sold by Clark's, the number of complaints are small. Statistically this may be correct, but it has recently been brought to my attention that many disgruntled buyers do not know of the existance of this site or others dealing with complaints about their purchases from Clark's, and there are others who don't bother to complain because they think that nothing can be done against such a large company.The paramount thing to bear in mind is not just the "Faulty Car" but the manner in which the seller handles legitimate customer concerns. What score would you give Clark's in this department?My "Grannies"old saying for this issue--The bigger they come--the harder they faw.

Can't private message you. Can you send me the information to complain please. Thanks

OK Mike. Contact your local MP along with a factual account of your complaint. Ask him/her to forward your complaint to the head of OFT (was John Fingleton). Emphasise to your local MP that you know that the OFT have had several complaints about clark, and get him/her to add this in their letter.

If your MP has any doubts about your complaint, then refer them to this website and ask that they go online to check out the very many other websites that list a huge amount of complaints about this company.

ARNOLD SHARK----Never Again.

Edited by scaniaman

OK Mike. Contact your local MP along with a factual account of your complaint. Ask him/her to forward your complaint to the head of OFT (was John Fingleton). Emphasise to your local MP that you know that the OFT have had several complaints about clark, and get him/her to add this in their letter.

If your MP has any doubts about your complaint, then refer them to this website and ask that they go online to check out the very many other websites that list a huge amount of complaints about this company.

ARNOLD SHARK----Never Again.

Will do. Thanks buddy!!