style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a letter from Philips DCA claiming they had received a Distress Warrant for non payment of a £300 motoring fine back in August last year and that they will be sending a baillif visit to these premises. I contacted them by phone initially and all they did was bully me, so I complained and disputed the debt via their website, as I knew nothing about the case even going to court never mind me being fined. I also explained that I am recovering from skin cancer and a breakdown caused by this and the loss of my son.

Today I received a knock at the door and a woman said she was a bailiff from Philips coming to collect an amount of £615 and that she wanted it straight away. I advised her that this was in dispute and that I was still recovering from an illness etc. She was sympathetic and said she would feed this back to the office, I advised that I had already done so in writing.

I am completely stuck now, what can I do to stop this, I moved back in with my parents because of the illness and have no possessions here as it is all my mum and dad's stuff. I dont dispute the fine of £300 but they have placed an extra £315 in charges on top.

please help me urgent

regards

I recently received a letter from Philip's DCA claiming they had received a Distress Warrant for non payment of a £300 motoring fine back in August last year and that they will be sending a bailiff visit to these premises. I contacted them by phone initially and all they did was bully me, so I complained and disputed the debt via their website, as I knew nothing about the case even going to court never mind me being fined. I also explained that I am recovering from skin cancer and a breakdown caused by this and the loss of my son.

Today I received a knock at the door and a woman said she was a bailiff from Philip's coming to collect an amount of £615 and that she wanted it straight away. I advised her that this was in dispute and that I was still recovering from an illness etc. She was sympathetic and said she would feed this back to the office, I advised that I had already done so in writing.

I am completely stuck now, what can I do to stop this, I moved back in with my parents because of the illness and have no possessions here as it is all my mum and dad's stuff. I don't dispute the fine of £300 but they have placed an extra £315 in charges on top.

please help me urgent

regards

did you know about the fine before you received the letter from Philip's

It was a fixed penalty, which I asked to be taken to court so that I could request more time to pay. I never heard anything else until the letters from Philips, I have spoken to the court thios afternoon and they said they didnt receive my request for a hearing and that they had sent a letter out to me, to my old address.

The courts have advised me to go to the CAB as they cannot do anything once the distress warrant has been issued

It was a fixed penalty, which I asked to be taken to court so that I could request more time to pay. I never heard anything else until the letters from Philips, I have spoken to the court thios afternoon and they said they didnt receive my request for a hearing and that they had sent a letter out to me, to my old address.

The courts have advised me to go to the CAB as they cannot do anything once the distress warrant has been issued

Have a read of the thread below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?165753-MAGISTRATE-COURT-FINES.-Template-of-a-Statutory-Declaration.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I note you're recovering from illness, Jimmy, which should put you in the vulnerable category as far as the Court and bailiffs are concerned. I'm presuming that you can't work at present and that, possibly, you're in receipt of Employment Support Allowance and / or Disability Living Allowance. I would suggest you write to the Court concerned, detailing your condition and request a re-hearing for an assessment of means. You would need to include copies of any medical evidence and what benefits you may be in receipt of. Also include that you are living with your parents who are acting as your carers. Copy the lot to the bailiff as well .

Best wishes

Rae

I would HOPE that the bailiff who attended has made a note to RETURN the warrant back to the court on the basis of your vulnerability. The court are WHOLLY RESPONSIBLE for the Distress Warrant and I would urge you to contact them again this morning to advise them that you want to make a Formal Complaint as you are almost certainly classed as "vulnerable" in accordance with the National Standards for Enforcement Agents.