HFO and CRA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Woop woop another letter my partner read it to me on the phone seemed to of ignored all of my last letter.. Will post it up in abit... They are claiming I'm claiming fraud which I haven't as such just asked if it's mistaken identity!! Anyways they have now added another letter in my surname can't post that on here but If anyone on here wants to know from the fan club pm me an I'll share! Question is I hope it's a typo for this letter for their sake!!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are in receipt of your letter received 5th September. The contents of which have been noted.

We are still in the process of investigating fraud on this account however, the next stage of the process, in which we pass all documentation to barclaycard to fully investigate is being hindered by the fact that you do not wish to provide us with a copy of your identification.

I appreciate that you may have been informed not to send the documentation in to HFO services however this is required for the investigation and without this, it has come to a halt.

I hope that you are able to understand the serious nature of this claim of fraud and that we will try to do everything in our power to investigate on your behalf however as I have already mentioned, this cannot be done without the documentation that we requested from you. I have also stated that you can send this information directly to Barclaycard.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly with a response to this letter as without the documentation, i am afraid that we will not be able to investigate this matter any further. Should we receive no response in 28 days of this letter or a reply from yourself again stating that you do not wish to provide this information and the account will need to be put back into collections.

If you have any questions or would like to speak to us, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team.

I just want to clarify I have not been told by anyone not to send them the information - thats just common sense.

I have not claimed this to be fraud as i need hard evidence to back that up.

Now the last letter is very threatening and seems to be they have ignored most if not all the following from my letter:

In my last letter I advised yourselves that I will review the dossier I have from the information that you have provided to me and here are my findings:

1. An application form does not constitute as an agreement secondly it is not eligible so neither myself or yourselves can confirm that this is my account. In my opinion that an application form is just that an application for an account, so is this an enforceable agreement?

2. I understand (from the information you have given me) this debt was last paid on 22nd July 2005 which is over 6 years ago and probably last acknowledged then as well and falls within the remit of s.5 of the limitation act 1980 (which, in case you need reminding, states that an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after 6 years from the date on which cause of action occurred).

3. The same guidance states it is unfair to pursue a payment from whoever the debtor is who clearly states its statue barred and not paying on this basis. If this was my debt and was found to be the case (which it is not) I would not be paying this due to this being statue barred.

4. The tone of your letters are very intimidating and threatening which can also be construed as deceptive and/or unfair methods you are using to collect this debt and can be considered as harassment especially when the debtor is in question.

5. Under the OFT guidelines of debt collection you as a company have to prove that I am the debtor and not me proving to you that I am not.

6. I have evidence and written to the ICO that this debt has changed names on my credit report as there is a section called attributable data where something is similar but can not be confirmed and later it being changed. I am also following their complaints guidelines for how my personal data is being handled.

7. You have confirmed to me I do not have to legally provide you with the information you have asked for, however you are using a threatening tone where I have no choice but to give you this information again you are using unfair methods and fall foul of the OFT guidelines of debt collection.

8. If this continues I will be taking the view that your actions are of pure harassment and in breach of CPUTR 2008 in line with the OFT's guidance on debt collection.

9. I would like to point out in all my correspondence I have not claimed this is fraud. I have clearly stated that I am not the debtor and have no knowledge of this debt, all I have stated is this a case of mistaken identity?

10. I am not the debtor and still do not acknowledge any debt being owed to yourselves and or any company you claim to represent.

Now I am not sure how to reply back any suggestions?!?

Para 1 eligible should read legible.

I think you will have to give in and send

the documentation other wise the complaint

will fai, ''the other side'' must be given a fair

chance to explain and or remedy the situation.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ok.

So I am now best off to give into them and their bully boy tactics?

I'm sorry I dont want to send my own very important documents to prove who I am in the post to any company. I am only prepared to give them this information should it go to a court of law when I am legally obliged to do this.

I know it now looks like this complaint is going to fail and can now get messy but I want to do what is best for me to protect myself it is scary enough that they have already put this debt into my name. So on that basis I dont want them to have this information and do any more damage that I have to clear up later and have more added stress!

I understand what you are saying, but

you are sending copies of documents

not originals, when I need to ''transmit''

documents of a sensitive nature I use

a a courier service and name a specific

recipient, if that any help.

If this did get to court you could

well be seen as being obstructive and

blocking the settlement of the argument,

before resorting to a court remedy.

Judges do like to see that every attempt

reasonably possible has been made prior

to any court action.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I need to chew this over and think about it i have 28 days...

I just dont like I am being backed into a corner this way... I have my complaint with OFT and replied back to the email yesterday so I will prob wait until I have spoken to them and if I havent within 3 weeks would it harm me if I asked them for extension until I have if I am still undecided?

I am concerned for my personal Identity being put at risk even further. I feel on that basis I have valid grounds. But I feel I am now on a losing battle...

As I said I think I shall chew this over a couple of weeks before I decide what to do.

If they put this back into collections it starts the vicious cycle again and prob get me into more grief!

As I said you need to show willing to resolve

this before litigation as are going to damage

your case by with holding the information

that may resolve the matter out of court.

Brig.

Ok... Looking over this it looks SB as well. When I call Barclaycard they I cannot pass DPA as the information I gave doesn't match up on their system.

As much as you are giving me advice which I do appreciate I really need to think about what would happen if I do or dont give in and cover all angles. SRA, CCA request I feel is not relevant in this situation or maybe well past that stage I just dont know!

It is of course your decision, all I

have tried to do is to illustrate the

possible problems arising out of the

failure to give the information.

Let us know your decision.

Brig.

Just you DB.

I was talking to a colleague at work who's studying law part-time and has done assignments on cca law or something... He reckons if I stick to my guns as I am not legally obliged to provide this information i could claim in court (should it go there) that I felt I didnt have a case to answer to. However If I did provide them the info I should write back to them and do this on my terms. i.e. give me a name of someone at Barclaycard who I can deal with so I can personally send this information to, or pretty much start the whole scenario again but with Barclaycard.

Brig - didnt you suggest something similar?

Thats what I am thinking about... Before I went in heavy handed is it worth writing to them and saying this debt has landed thru my door and i need further information. When this debt was taken, what address and all that? Then once I have this information then go back to HFO or possibly write a letter of complaint?

• 2 weeks later...

2 Weeks have passed since I last posted and I now need to seriously think how I am going to respond.

I am thinking that writing to HFO and say I am not prepared to give them any info. I will also make it headed as a complaint. I am also thinking of sending the same complaint to the cheif exec of barclays/barclaycard.

Now if I do that then I will tell HFO that it is a complaint being handled with Barclaycard and that I will be writing to them to keep them informed of this complaint.

Now should I write to Barclaycard should I send them all the info they have sent to me (copies of)?

I am still waiting on a contact from OFT to confirm when my witness statement will be taken (chased up today as i missed their call last week). Now before I write anything should I mention this letter and also seek their advice on what I should do as well?