Faulty watch when returned to me.....

jed52
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps, help appreciated on this one please.

I took my Casio watch into H Samuels for a new battery and reseal, as I have done for the past 8 or 9 years. Got the watch back but found it was faulty. (it had stopped 'beeping' when you press the mode buttons and also for the alarm) There was nothing wrong with the watch when I originally took it in apart from the battery.

So I took it back and they sent it back to Casio for checking out.

About a week later Samuels rang me back to say that Casio had discovered there was a fault with the watch and it could not be repaired because the parts were no longer available.

Casio said if I wanted to choose another watch from their range they would give me a discount but the size of discount was not specified.

I told Samuels that I was not happy with this as there was nothing wrong with the watch in the first place, it must have been damaged by Casio whilst it was in for the battery replacement.

Casio are now in the process of doing a diagnostic check on the watch. I told Samuels that the only reason they could be doing this is to apportion some blame somewhere but preferably not with them because they already told me the watch could not be repaired.

Sorry this was a bit long winded, but I just wondered what anybody thought I should do to get the best result.

jed

• 1 month later...

I have been fitting batteries for customers to my shop for 30 years. Casio are amongst the most fiddly. There are little springs which can fall out and other silly things which just make it more difficult. I bet you will find the the staff member at Samuels expected a simple battery swap with no clips, screws, or contacts to undo. I bet the staff member just did it wrong.

Hi nicola. I have been sending this watch to Samuels for nearly 10 years now for battery and reseal. First time i've had a problem. Samuels staff do not do the work themselves, they send it to Casio.

One developement is that the watch now works fine,(alarm signal etc) so somebody at Casio is lying to me about the watch being non repairable! I dont think they even checked it out.

They also put a caveat in a letter to Samuels when they returned the watch. They said that when I take up their offer of a discounted watch they want my watch sending back to them. For what reason I dont know.

jed

Anyway I still have their offer on the table so I think I will take it up.