Card payment sent twice

Aerith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, so. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

I forgot about it being a bank holiday weekend so when I paid my credit card I noticed it hadn't been credited, I flubbed thinking the payment didn't go all the way through and made the same payment again. Only to realise I could check and see that I already made the payment, it's just not been received yet.

So I emailed them politely asking them to cancel the payment before it's processed, gave ref number. They asked me to get back to them with more info. I gave it to them. Now they're saying the account needs to be credited with the payment before they can "resolve this issue".

They can clearly see there's a payment going in before this one, so can't they just refuse the second one? I emailed them again asking them that I know it's not been received (that was the problem of why I sent it again!) and to refuse it before it's processed. I know it's my fault for not checking but do they really need to have the money on the card before they can "resolve" it (meaning they'll probably try and argue it and keep the money there, no doubt, something I don't want to get in to)

Just wondering if there's any advice, something I could word to them in an email if they come back with the same cookie-cutter response? Or should I just keep emailing until they relent or resign to having to battle with them when the money goes through?

EDIT: This is a normal credit card payment. It's a card I'm in good standing with, not a debt I defaulted on, just a regular monthly CC payment I messed up on. Just thought I should clear that up.