"Share" data on call credit file. 1 over 6 years old and 1, 5 years old. Can these be used?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I finally received my credit report from call credit. It is completely clear apart from a section on "share data" they define this as data that can be viewed only by companies tat sign up to their share data group. The problem i have is that i have a defaulted bank account for 2,651 which i thought defaulted over 6 years ago, however it states on here it defaulted in March 2006. There is also another account which defaulted in august 2005 ( so over 6 years old) and is associated to me even though the name is not mine, but very similar. No idea what this is in relation to.

I really need some advice on whether i need to try and make an arrangement to pay the first one (make an offer? if so how much?) and what do i do about the other one?

Thanks in advance

Now that you have checked your credit file it will have been flagged to any creditors & no doubt they will be in touch. When they do you need to make them prove a debt exists and they have the right to collect. Given the dates you mentioned it is likely that one if not both are Statute Barred.

Thanks for your reply.

I've drafted a complaint letter in relation to the debt that is not in my name and is over 6 years old. The biggest problem I have is the biggest debt that apparently defaulted in March 2006. I have a mortgage application pending which is waiting for me to sort this out. Long story, but they initially approved me but then somehow got wind of this shared data and have now put it on hold until i sort this out.

If i contact the credit agency who is holding this debt to make an offer of payment and clear the debt, this will be on my report for another 6 years, where as if i keep my head down for another year then that will be totally removed from my file. If i make contact with the agency then that will put a stop to any statute barred time that i have already accrued.... I have no idea what's the best thing for me to do is. I'm just really confused about this shared data thing as there is nothing showing on my experian report. Any more advice you have would be gratefully received..

Thanks

If you have no financial association with the other party it should be removed immediately from your credit file. A default should only remain on your credit file for six years from the cause of action which in effect means it should be dated one month after you last made payment. Once a default drops of a file it cannot be re-registered.

Even if you contact the creditor or debt collector to offer payment it it is highly unlikely that they'll remove the default.