Please can someone read this draft before I send it off? - Thank you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, how does this sound? If it gets your seal of approval it will be posted forth with!! Can't believe my first letter to BLS was dated 17th March 2010....how time flies :!:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account / Policy number: 123456789

With reference to your letter dated 10 March 2011 on the above account.

I am now of the belief that I was mis-sold a PPIlink3.gif policy in respect of this account due tothe fact I did not ask for thiscover due to my employment being secure enough to cover any payments should I become ill.

What I expect from you is justification that the policy was suitable for me based on my circumstances and an explanation as to how your suitability criteria works. If you cannot justify this to my satisfaction I request a full refund of all premiums paid to date as well as interestlink3.gif on these payments.

As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect an interest element to be added to each sum, at a suitable rate and using a suitable calculation method, as a compensatory gesture.

In respect of cancellation of a policy may I draw your attention to the following reports from the FSA, namely, 'The sale of payment protection insurance - results of thematic work, November 2005' & 'The Sale of Payment Protection Insurance - results of follow-up thematic work, October 2006'' that state "When consumers cancel the PPI without repaying the loan, some firms will need to reissue the loan without the PPI. Firms should ensure they treat their customers fairly in relation to the terms on which they reissue the loan.". This means that any new loan is on the same or better terms and does not detriment me in any way and that this is to be done without making a new search on my credit file.

I expect a swift response to this letter within 14 days, containing either your full justification or notice that you will be refunding these payments.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will issue another letter notifying you of my intention to take further action if the matter is not resolved within a further 14 days. After this limit has passed I will be either contacting the Financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif to investigate my complaint or issuing court proceedings.

There is the other issue of a £1 postal order, which was sent to BLS on 17th March 2010 with a covering letter as a formal request for them to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

With regard to the £ postal order it was taken off the balance and was not used for what I requested it for. This is a misappropriation of the statutory fee. I therefore wish this to be returned or face further action. It specifically states in the CCA request what this postal order is to be used for.

Yours faithfully,

Name

Sounds fine except that I wouldn't combine two issues in one letter. They normally aren't bright enough to take in the amount of information.

best to write two separate letters sent off separately