Apologies for going over old ground....

bepo2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Great site by the way!

Anyways my story as follows:

Approx 3 months ago received a letter from 'SWIFT DELIVERY' asking me to get in touch urgently (note this was addressed to my house BUT with no name!?!).

As it stated all calls were national rate i just thought [problem] and ignored (being anal however i kept the letter).

Three weeks ago received a letter from Ruthbridge acting on behalf of their clients Cabot, stating debt amount and that I should get in touch etc or face the various wraths.

I just ignored - at this point I should add that I do have an old debt (Barclaycard I think which MUST be six years old at least; not sure about CCJ's etc but I do have two mortgages and a loan since!).

One week ago I received another letter from Cabot stating that they would accept £800 less if I paid in full and if they didnt hear from me by today they would arrange for a Doorstep Agent to call at a convenient time (nice of them).

In case you were wondering about Swift I realised yesterday that the addresses are the same - how about that! (One other point is the letters from Cabot, although are addressed to me have an the house across the roads number??!?)

Just thought Id let you all know in case it helps/warns anyone - in particular the swift ploy - and any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bepo

similar has happened with me.

the debt was over 6 years old and seeing as i never had any contact with them and they didnt have any contact for 6 years they had to wipe the debt off.

i think it was alanfromderby who sent me the letter to send.

but dont contact them until someone comes and offers better advise than me as im sure you should be able to wipe the debt off.

good luck lisaxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!