Court action by Go Debt??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone been taken to court by Go Debt? I've got a alledged debt with them for less than £400 and was wondering if anyone else has had dealings with them? I have found them to be really aggressive and have refused to take their telephone calls often putting the phone down on them but they keep ringing until i answer. I have been reduced to unplugging the phone and asking friends and family to text me before ringing so i can plug the phone back in. I have requested all contact be made in writing but all i get is a card asking me to call them. I have no idea what the debt is for. I have requested my CA and am currently awaiting its arrival in the post.

I am a stay-at-home mum with no income of my own as my husband covers all the household bills. I do not receive benefit myself, only child benefit and child tax credits which are paid into my husband's account . I don't have a bank account as i have no need for one! Everything in my home is under my husband's name as he usually paid for it by his debit card.

I was just wondering how my situation would affect their ability to reclaim this money should it be my debt? They can't enforce bankruptcy as it is below the £750 insolvency threshold, they can't reclaim goods as everything is owned by my Husband and i keep receipts. (Just in case it goes wrong!) They can't do an attachment to earnings as i don't have an income.

Also, i'm assuming this debt (if it is mine) would be in my maiden name as i have only been married for a year and haven't made any credit claims in that time.

Any advice would be gratefully received and would be good to talk to anyone else dealing with Go Debt. :gossip:

I have got one of those voice recorders for the phone calls so when i do contact Trading Standards i've got some proof. Although i haven't had any calls since requesting my CA which was about a week ago. I was given the recorder the weekend so am just waiting really.

What i'm really interested in is whether they are able to reclaim the debt given my circumstances and if so, how??

If they haven't even contacted you regarding this account then how can they be certain they have contacted the correct person?

simple answer is = thay can't, so complain

Judging by the discussions on this forum, a lot of people have complained about Go Debt so when i do complain i want it backed up with evidence.

Are you able to help as to the course of action given my circumstances? I'm unsure as to whether this debt is mine but can't be 100% sure it's not, so would they be able to reclaim given my circumstances? If so, how?

how old do you think this debt might be

pers i'd ignore them

there is nowt they can do to you

just hot air.........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Until you here from them in writing, making a specific claim against you, then really there is nothing to defend against.

I would still be inclined to complain the Trading Standards and enter into no dialogue of any kind until they make a specific claim against you

I received my Experian Credit report this morning and there is nothing on there from either Go Debt or the company that they bought the debt from. I also have a debt with Barclays that is due to become Statute Barred in July and that isn't on there anymore either, and i know that is definitely mine! Does this mean that the debts are no longer able to be claimed for? I'm a bit confused as the only thing that is on there is a default of £269 from a catalogue and is dated 20/02/09.

I also received the CA from Go Debt this morning and as soon as i have sussed out my scanner (its new and i'm not very technical!) i will post it up here. The CA is definitely mine and they also emailed me a screenshot of payments made. The last payment i made was in April 2006, but according to the screenshot, 5 different payments were made on the same day which i find a bit odd. Any idea on the best course of action?

ignore still i suspect that the payment schedule has been massaged to show false payment hoping you fall for the trick

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...