DVLA - NSL Vehicle Clamp (Waiting on Reg Transfer)

StokiePotter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

The kind chaps over at NSL have provided me with the best antitheft device ever this morning (7:00am) a lovely big yellow Wheel clamp along with a demand to pay £100 release fee and a £160 Surity fee :|

The vehicle is not taxed, it is SORN'd but as I live in a terraced street unfortunately have nowhere to store the vehicle. The reason I still have the vehicle is because I have been waiting on the DVLA to transfer the registration to another vehicle, obviously I do not have any log books to scrap the vehicle as they are currently at the DVLA offices at Shrewsbury.

Now of course I know I have 24 hours to contact NSL to get this clamp removed before the price goes up but the issue being I dont have £260?!?.... If anything it took me 3 weeks to get the £80 together to pay for the reg transfer (R0bbing arses!!)

Could anybody offer any advice / the mrs is panicing as the car is in her name, and being 4 months pregnant the last thing she needs is the stress of worrying about a traffic offence etc...

Just rang NSL to inform them of my no paperwork delay, they told me to contact the DVLA.

After spending nearly an hour trying to get through to the correct department they have no record of receiving the paperwork or my V317 form either, even though I was speaking to Swansea and not Shrewsbury...

I spoke to the wheel clamping department who had no record of the car, I asked if I was unlawfully clamped, she disappeared and informed me there was a record but not where she had initially been looking "fishy".

I know that I shouldnt have kept the vehicle on the road, but I have declared it SORN and not driven it since the tax expired (I live in a Terraced Street with no off road parking), I have completed the forms to transfer the registration and paid the £80 "rip off" fee (I admit it should have been done sooner, the other half is terrible with paperwork (it is her car) ).

I have emailed both the DVLA and NSL and expect the car to be picked up in the next day or two and crushed, I have no intention on paying £260+ for a car that was going to be scrapped anyway!!

I would think it's your car you can do what you want with it. In fact you may need to to pay the fees/fines for leaving a SORN'ed vehicle on the road. I'm sure the DVLA will have no sympathy for it's location as it should not have been SORN'ed if you kept it on the road. Regardless of having nowhere to store the vehicle. That after all, is not the DVLA's problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Outcome on this was....

Disclaimed the car and was able to transfer the plate (after telling the DVLA that it was legalised theft).

Totally take the wrap for leaving the car on the road but due to their admin practises couldnt scrap it due to their slowness :(