very reluctant Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in July 2010 I defended a claim against me (contentious litigation) and ran up legal fees of nigh on £23,000. These were all paid. The Claimant's lost the Summary Judgement Hearing and fortunately, I recovered most of these fees through the effective use of Third Party Debt Orders.

In the ensuing period I have asked the Solicitors for a detailed costs bill for my legal costs prior to the date of the Summary Judgment (to tie in with Form N260) and pertaining to debt recovery post Summary Judgement.

All I have received are final summary cost accounts. This just gives a period of time and a figure with VAT; they do not even detail disbursements.

I have repeatedly asked for detailed bill of costs, both via email, in writing and in their absence complained to the Senior Partner. The Solicitors are unable or unwilling to provide them. When I have these bills ( which I formally requested 22 November 2010) I can review these with a view to Taxation.

Can someone please advise me of the correct precedent/procedure so that I may apply to a Court so as to obtain these detailed bill of costs ?

Thanks

M&C

Thread moved to Legal Issues

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you. Alas, their remit is to see whether the Solicitor has behaved in an unprofessional manner.

They were contacted a month ago & will not state any process or timescale that they apply to resolution - not very helpful, not very transparent, not very professional.

I wanted advice on a court process to require the Solicitors to produce a Detailed Bill of Costs.

I see a plethora of web sites stating Detailed Bill of Costs can be produced to order within 2-3 weeks.

I guess that means you've got to have records from them to work from ?