MATC V Natwest

MassesAgainstTheClasses
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all, I'm new here and have been advised by my sister (following a successful reclaim herself) to reclaim my charges.

I have read the FAQ and know where I need to send my SAR (thanks Kulmeister), but one question I have I cant find anywhere on here so:

Over the last six years I have had two main accounts but I'm fairly sure I had another account whilst at Uni (i.e. within the last six years) but I cant recall the account number nor do I have any of the statements (i usually shred them after a few years).

It may well be that only my account type was changed (i.e. from "Step" to a normal current account) and not the account number, if you get my drift?

So the question is, when sending the SAR I list the known account numbers at the top of the page, can I also add something along the lines of "and any other accounts in my name over the last six years" or do I need the actual account numbers?? If its the latter would the bank disclose this info to me if I were to ask (does that come under the data protection act)?

Thanks in advance.

MATC

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 14/09/06

I'm not sure if you can be that vague but I have one question. was that account "unknown" open in October 2002? If yes then I can help you with the account number.

Hi, thanks for the response, I was just wondering if on my natwest "file" there would be records of older/closed accounts?

In response to your question all I can say is that if I did have another account (and remember I'm not sure it was a separate account) theres a good chance it was active in 2002.

I do realise how ridiculously vague this answer is!! :)

Thanks,

MATC

So if I call NW tomorrow they should tell me straight off simply by asking for the details of all other accounts I have held?

Whats the relevance of October 2002? Do they only hold 4 years worth of info on the system?

Thanks for helping btw.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted 14/09/2006

Delivered 15/09/2006

"Your item with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxx was delivered from our WEST EDINBURGH Delivery Office on 15/09/06 .

Thank you for using this service.

The electronic Proof of Delivery is not available for this item"

Do I need to pay for a copy of the signature or is my date stamped receipt sufficient?

Thanks

MATC

Nah it will be fine. Im sure they got it. They haven't argued about this much before. You can called Joyce Tudor whos number is in the contact details for NatWest if you need to chase it up.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.