Ebay and Paypal what a joke!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sold an item at £47.99 and posted it off "standard parcels", which has a 3 - 5 working day delivery estimate. 2 days after the buyer eventually paid the abusive emails started and haven't stopped, day and night about his item. Why hasn't his stuff arrived? Why hadn't I posted it? Then he raised a complaint with paypal! I paid for the postage through Paypal and have the stamped post office receipt showing that it was sent. I submitted all this to Paypal (and the endless emails acusing me of all sorts!) and they responded by freezing my account and repaying his money! Today is only working day number 5, still time for the scheduled delivery to take place. I am absolutely fuming!! This guy has made such a big issue that even if his stuff arrives now he'll never admit it. Congratulations Sir - you got your item, money back and me a bad name! PS It took him over a week to pay and he came up with several excuses to avoid payment, including losing his job, being in hospital etc etc. The next day he won another of my items which he also refusing to pay for. I can't believe no one is considering my side of this. I am absolutely fuming! Why pay him back so early? Who can take my side? I can't believe how angry I am. Even today after he's been refunded his money the emails are still coming :mad2::mad2::mad2:

That is the trouble with paypal and ebay they take the buyers side straight away.

Even though you have a receipt of postage, this is not a secure way of posting any item.

This has happened to me so I now use either special or recorded, that way you have a tracking number to see who signed for it.

If a person wants the item that bad they will pay the postage.

I estimate cost of postage then refund any difference.

I feel that person has had the item but just wanted item and money back to.

If selling anything again, send signed for.

If he still doesnt pay after 4 days you can start an unpaid item dispute via ebay. Then after a certain amount of time if they still dont pay you can close dispute and get fees back then reput it up for sale also put him on your blocked bidders list so that way he cant bid on any of your items

That is the trouble with paypal and ebay they take the buyers side straight away.

Even though you have a receipt of postage, this is not a secure way of posting any item.

No, they don't, actually.

Were they to operate according to the law, without their own particular terms and conditions, or were they at least to tell you that the law exists, a buyer would cancel the contract and the seller would then be required to reimburse before the buyer returns the goods.

When they require that a buyer returns the goods before they refund the money, they take the seller's side. According to the law the buyer is not so much as subject to a duty to return the goods to the supplier. The supplier may rather be required to come to collect them.

8)

Ebay and Secure Postage - Beware!!

I have just had a similar problem. Ebay item was sent recorded (signed for) but not received - allegedly. Paypal 'held' payment for a couple of days whilst they investigated case and then refunded buyer. I believe there were suspicious circumstances including the fact the buyer would not accept a replacement for the rare car part and I have appealed but don't hold out much hope. So:

1. I would like to see Paypal hold the funds until the buyer has completed any 'non-received item' declarations for the RM or other couriers to ensure any compensation will be paid to the seller.
  2. Make sure you have adequate cover for the item you are sending. I will only use a combination of couriers, Recorded or Special Delivery depending on the value of the item being sent.
  3. Keep all of your receipts and photocopy any claim documentation.

A suspicion of fraud should be reported to the Police, not Paypal.

It is trite to have to say this, but that is the way that Paypal have to play it, innocent if not proved guilty. Paypal is neither a police force nor a court of law and it it does occasionally happen that a courier is sloppy or dishonest about a signed for delivery.

It is dishonest, fraudulent to do this but it has been known to happen that a postman signed for his own delivery, afraid of having to return to try to deliver again with nobody home to receive a delivery..

Too many sellers make the big mistake of failing to inform the buyer when the goods are dispatched and then they increase the risk by neglecting to provide an address for the Royal Mail to return the thing to if they fail to deliver.

8)

Thanks for pointing out that Paypal do have some favorable terms for sellers.

I did, and always do, let the seller know when their item was dispatched. In this case the seller waited exactly 15 days before telling me he had not received it and asked for a refund rather than any prior concern as to where the rare part was.

The posts are really regarding 'secure' postage and being cautious about which service to use.

Over the last thirty years , I have only received two items of mail through my letterbox that should have been 'signed for' - the last one was 6 months ago and I let the sender know.