constructive dismissal or not???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone am at my wits end!!

it all started with me putting in for redundancy (before i was pushed)with i was excepted for but before i got excepted i changed my mind about leaving but the letters that where handed out mine and another fella letters where given the wrong way round he got mine (which was an exceptance) and when i went in i noticed they given me his(which was a denial) i didnt open his but he had mine so i had to go in the room where lots of people where in and claim mine back so everyone knew i had been excepted.

now i had 10 days cooling off period but i feel that has been taken away from me through me stupid pride and embarassment of not seeming to want to stay but its turned a bit nasty with coments all the time calling me his name all the time it was funny the first day but i feel drained now and depressed.

i put i greivance in and asked to just let me go now with no notice period but they wont i desperatley want to stay and they said i can change my mind but i just feel i cant go back i feel so low i had worked there for 23 years since i left school

I am sorry, there isn't a kind way of saying this. Stop being so damned ridiculous. This isn't constructive dismissal - it isn't a dismissal of any kind! You volunteered to leave and they accepted you. There was a small mistake over the letters, which shouldn't happen but everyone is human and mistakes happen. You have ten days to change your mind - you have done so and so you need to tell your employers that you have changed your mind and want to stay. Nobody has taken the 10 days cooling off period from you - you have overreacted to a bit of stupid ribbing! Ribbing which everyone will have forgotten by this time next week (unless you continue to over-react, in which case some idiots will carry on whilst they see they are getting a rise out of you).

Just tell your employer you want to stay, go back to work and ignore the childish people until they get fed up. You are not seriously going to let something this small get in the way of your keeping your job after all this time are you???

You say you were going to be 'pushed' out in any case, but decided to jump. You also say you have put in a grievance and asking to go immediately but you also want to keep your job.

To be honest there are a lot of mixed messages here. One wonders if after all this you would be selected for redundancy in any event. Perhaps your time and energies would be better used by looking for a new job? It is hard to go through a change of this nature after 23 years but surely it is better to accept it and move on?

Yes, I would agree that this is another way of looking at it. I took the last bit of the OP to mean that the employer had indicated that the poster could stay if they wanted to, and all it would take was a decision to do so.