ESA in need of urgent help as nobody is

markus2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had trouble with a medical certificate that I obtained on the 01/02/11.

I was only informed on the 27/01/11 that the first 13 week had expired & the earliest doctors appointment was on the 01/02/11.

I too this new certificate to my jobcenter to get it scanned the same afternoon, no payment were showing still on the 04/02/11 so I contacted the jobecenter

& went to have it scanned again.I waited till the 07/02/11 when no payment was showing still & needed the payment urgently, I contacted the jobcenter & the only info I could get was my doctor said I needed to get a new certificate,

I made an appointment with the citizens advice the same day, I was reffered to an advisor for the 08/02/11 at midday.

I called the jobcenter again on the 08/02 but still got no new info other then the certificate was rejected. at the citizens advice the lady contatced a lday (edit) I belieive & she infoemed us that

the certificate had unkown in the date end column which made it invalid despite being told to ask for the date to be put as unknown, I informed my jobcenter of the issue & was told by them that unknown is a valid reply.

I made a doctors appointment on the 09/02/11, I could only see a different doctor who was unable to give me a new certificate advising to see the original doctor, he also said that unkonwn is a valid reply, I saw the practice manager a (edit) & she said the same & booked the earliest appointment with dr tivari for the 10/01/11 at 4:30pm.

I sought advice from some consumer forums about this issue because I was being caught in the middle of all of this & needed the payment.

I saw dr (edit) on the 10/02 & she gave me new certificate.

I took this to my jobcenter on friday 11/02 & got it scanned hoping this would be the end of the matter. I check my account on the Friday & Saturday but no pending issue has been shown by the DWP.

as of today I have gone overdrawn with my account & the matter is ongoing. I will be seeking legal advice on the 14/02 with how my case has been dealt with, as I think its disgraceful & showing great disrespect for clients, I went onto ESA because I am suffering anxiexty & panic attacks, this has made my condition a lot worst due to the worry & stress of all this now.

any help or phone would be good, how long it take to show in a bank account or for the instruction to through(I thought it was 24hrs)

Edited by ErikaPNP
names of individuals removed

During the first 6 months of sickness, the end date can be up to a maximum of 3 months, therefore must carry an end date not exceeding this. After the first 6 months of incapacity, the med 3 can carry any end date deemed appropriate by the clinican, including "for an indefinite period". For a med 3 which covers a period based upon a previous assessment, an end date must always be given, and a new med 3 issued afterwards (if appropriate).

How long it takes for payment to show depends on how it is paid. If paid by BACS, it is usually 3 working days. If paid by FEP, it will usually be the same day.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)