Student Loan Co lost deferment paperwork

bmartin1uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Sorry if this is in the wrong place (Mod's please bump me around if i've missed the obvious spot), but the query i have is actually one of data protection.

On the 10th Jan i sent my student loan deferment form next day delivery and the form was signed for by the student loan company on the 11th Jan. After a week or so i hadnt received a call from Thesis (the company that looks after part of my student loan) - they are normally great at giving me a courtesy call to say they have received my deferment from the S/L Co - so alarm bells rang immediately.

I called the S/L Co and they said they hadnt received it, the next call said they didnt know where it was - would i send it again, the next call said it had been received and they dont know where it is. I'm waiting on 3 separate call backs, all of which im sure will never come.

If the inevitable happens:wink:, and i receive a call from the S/L Co in a couple of weeks demanding payment for arrears, can i tell them to go stuff it?

Have they broken the Data Protection Act by losing my paperwork?

Can i get them in the sh1t for once?

Thanks for any advice

Ben

P.s

I am aware for an easy life i could just resend the paperwork, but for once ive done nothing wrong and im happy to waste some time:-D