• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help ..Enforcement notice

sweetpants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone help.

I hand delivered my prelim to Lloyds on 30 Aug giving them 14 days to respond to my request for repayment of £4300.62 in unlawful charges since 2003.I was well over my agreed o/d limit because of these charges

Yesterday I received an enforcement notice ( dated 2 sept).

It gives me notice that they are "terminating our agreement on the 11 sept "and they "demand payment of £2304.41 plus interest which is accruing daily".

It advises me to contact a solicitor ,trading standards or CAB if i have difficulty paying.

It gives me a number to ring.

Do I ring and if so what do I say ?

Sorry but I was quite confident with how things were going up till now and now I am starting to panic.

I have got a parachute account but I cannot afford to pay this amount back until they pay me.:(

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:-x This is nothing short of a total disgrace. Lloyds are proving themselves over and over again to be er... anyway...... This is directly retaliatory and it stinks. Sorry, a rant is'nt really going to help you so I'll try to be a little more constructive. You need to write to them and insist that the account is in dispute. Ring the number you have as well if you want, but send a letter as well. The banking code section 13 paragraph 6 states that an account in dispute cannot be refurred to a credit referance agency, so this could be a breach. Also, according to the banking code section 7 para 5, they MUST give you 30 days notice if they are to close the account, so there's a clear breach.

You can also apply for an injunction to prevent them doing this, but I'm not 100% sure on the ins and outs so I'll see what I can find out and see what other ammunition there is to hit them with and get back to you. Hopefully someone else can help you more in the meantime. Don't panic though, you will get it sorted and remember that every penny they take from you unlawfully you'll get back with interest.

(PS Good to see another Swindonian on the forum!)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
You need to write to them and insist that the account is in dispute. Ring the number you have as well if you want, but send a letter as well. The banking code section 13 paragraph 6 states that an account in dispute cannot be closed.

The Woolwich tried this with me, but when I pointed out the account was in dispute and the couldn't close it, they stopped sending the letters. Don't panic.

I sent this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/woolwich/7104-dh-mumofthreeboys-woolwich.html post number 20.

Thanks to you both.I was really getting worried over this.I will type up a letter now and send it off recorded in the morning then come back and ring them.

I should never have got myself into this mess in the first place but have my house up for sale now to pay off all my debts and am going crazy with all the letters coming in demanding money that I havent got so think this one was last straw and made me hit the panic button.

Thanks guys xx

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

****WON*****.

Hi GaryH

Sorry in my panic I didnt notice your PS at the bottom .

Swindon born and bred lol

****WON*****.

What about this? Use as much or as little as you like. If you do use it though be sure to edit to suit, ie, if you think a part is inappropriate, then change or delete as required.

------------------------

(YOUR ADDRESS)

(THEIR ADDRESS)

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I acknowledge your recent letter dated (**/**/**) in which you informed me of your intention to terminate my account agreement on September 11th 2006.

I write to inform you that I believe this decision is unfair and unjust, and to ask you to reconsider your position.

On (**/**/**), I wrote to your customer care department to inform them that I had became aware that the penalty charges levied to my account were unlawful, and requested their repayment. As such, the account is now in dispute. Your letter informing me of the termination of my account agreement was received on (**/**/**). Therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to infer that this is a retaliatory action taken as a direct result of my request for the refund of the unlawfully taken charges. This view is supported by the fact that I am aware of many other customers of Lloyds TSB who on complaining of these charges have been faced with the same situation of account closure.

I would draw your attention to the Financial Services Authority’s statement of the 6th July 2006, in which it announced that it considered such retaliatory action to be discriminatory and that it was referring the matter of such closures to the Banking Code’s standards committee. Following on from this, I also believe that the termination of my account agreement in the manner in which it has been proposed would constitute a breach of the terms of the Banking Code. I refer to;

Section 13 paragraph 6, which states that an account which is in dispute may not be passed to any credit reference agencies;

Section 7 paragraph 5, which states that unless there are exceptional circumstances, ie, threatening or abusive behaviour towards staff, an account will not be closed unless at least 30 days notice is given;

Section 14 paragraph 1 and 2, which states that any financial difficulties will be dealt with positively and sympathetically, and any action will be precluded by a period of discussion and the formation of a plan to help deal with those difficulties.

Aside from this, (optional short paragraph about personal circumstances, what effect the closure would have, etc………..)

I light of the above and because the account is in dispute, I would respectfully ask that Lloyds TSB reconsiders its position with regards to the proposed closure of my account, until such time as the dispute in question reaches its resolution. I feel that a reputable and upstanding organisation such as yours with a fiduciary duty to its customers should be above such retaliatory action, and I am writing in the hope that this matter can reach an amicable solution.

However, if you decide that the termination will stand, I wish to make absolutely clear that I intend to contest your decision by every available means at my disposal. This will include official complaints to the Financial Services Authority and the Banking Code Standards Committee and I am currently taking advice with regards to seeking an injunction to prevent the termination of my account agreement. Additionally, I will also petition my member of parliament and contact local and national media outlets.

Please respond at your earliest convenience to advise how you intend to proceed.

Yours faithfully,

(YOU)

------------------------

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi sweetpants,

Include the Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998 in with the letter you send them. Mindzai received an enforcement notice on 1st September saying that they were going to terminate the agreement on 8th September. So he promptly wrote a very stongly worded letter to the Collections Centre and CCd it to Customer Recovery - he also attached the s.10 notice. They received this on 5th September and so far we haven't seen any sign of termination. :D

In our case the amount they were demanding was only the arrears on our account (due completely to their charges) and they didn't include the overdraft - so I don't quite know what they were going to terminate.

If I were you I would write them a letter only - we personally have found them difficult to talk to on the phone and so told them not to contact us by any methods other than writing - so far we haven't been phoned again. As this is going to lead to you filing a claim against them you are going to want evidence of whatever they say in writing.

I really hate the way Lloyds are trying to bully people and scare them into giving up the process of getting charges back. Just a few days after they got our prelim letters they began demanding that we pay them back our arrears. Admittedly they didn't go straight in with an enforcement notice which I think is a very extreme for them to do to you. :mad:

Good luck and keep at it. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could this apply to credit card companies, as captial one has defaulted me and passed me over to a credit collection company

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

It most certainly does apply datxman.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Many thanks to you all.Its so easy to be bullied by these people especially when your on your own but thanks to your help and support I am now more determined that I am not going to let them win (not without putting up a damn good fight anyway)

Gary I will use that letter thank you and take the advice from all of you on board.Thats it Im getting my fighting spirit back again. Grrrrrrr look out lloyds lol

****WON*****.

Go get em Sweetpants!

Remember to send the letter by first class recorded delivery. Also, as Lucid said, send the DPA s. 10 notice that she linked - thats another useful weapon in the armoury.

Hopefully, that'll be enough to change their minds, but it would still be worth searching for some info on the possibility of obtaining an injunction, just in case.

Thank you I will. Just found my printer has run out of ink so have forwarded to my work e-mail and will print it off and send first thing in morning. ( wont finish work till 10pm )..Thanks again to you all for the help and support. No doubt I will be back asking for more help soon lol

****WON*****.

Good luck sweetpants, just focus all of your anger into determination to get your cash back!

Lloyds try really hard to bully people, but once you start resisting them and showing them you won't be bullied by them they start to panic. It's all bluff, remember that YOU are in the right, legally and morally.

As lucid said I would definitely advise that you include a section in your letter where you tell them to put everything into writing and not to phone you. They will be a lot more carefree with their bully tactics on the phone because they know its hard to prove. If they phone you, tell them to put it in writing and end the call.

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Thanks Mindzai.

Hand delivered it to my local branch this morning and unless there is anything good from them in the post tomorrow morning ( fat chance ) I will be sending them my LBA tomorrow as their first 14 days is up !!

****WON*****.

Any news on the account closure yet Sweetpants?

Hi Gary

Nothing from them yet although there was a message on answering machine for me to contact them yesterday.The reply that you kindly drafted to their enforcement notice was delivered on the 12th and I sent my LBA in on the 13th.Got the standard letter back on the 14th saying no so just waiting until 27th to start court action now.Can I go in any time and pick up the forms from the court or do I have to wait .Just thought it would give me time to look through them if I could get them earlier.

****WON*****.

Just hope it's done the job. I would'nt bet money on it knowing what Lloyds are like, but no news is good news eh?

Do you mean the claim forms? Yes, by all means you can pick them up and make a start on filling them in whenever you like. Just wait untill the 14 days are up before you actually submit them. Did you know that you can fill in and print of the claim form (N1) online? Heres the link; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html. Thats how I do all mine, it looks really professional.

Yes I know what you mean.I was very surprised that they replied the day after I handed the LBA over but then again I think they are getting used to doing it now so as soon as they see an LBA they just hit a button on the keyboard to send the standard reply.Thanks I will use that form.At least that way I can take my time filling it in and get it right and if I do make a mistake at least I can print it off again

****WON*****.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received a Default Notice.On Oct 9th my account will be passed on to solicitors with instructions to commence proceedings against me to reclaim the Unauthorised Overdrawn Amount which comprises wholly of charges they have taken from me - "plus costs and interest which is accruing daily". I am due to issue my court papers on 4th Oct . They are not going to put me off but am getting more nervous

****WON*****.

Hi Sweetpants,

Ah, I was wondering what had happened about that. Have a look at Mindzai and Lucid's thread; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/26172-mindzai-lucid-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=mindzai. They're in exactly the same position and I'm sure they can give you some advice regarding your next course of action. The main thing is not to panic. Just remember that they are in the wrong here and as I said before, you'll get every unlawful charge back with interest.

Gary

Thanks Gary.I read that yours has been put off until next year.What a pain.I hope they dont do the same with mine although I am sure they will which will mean more problems for me caused by them.Oh well such is life lol

****WON*****.

I have just received a Default Notice.On Oct 9th my account will be passed on to solicitors with instructions to commence proceedings against me to reclaim the Unauthorised Overdrawn Amount which comprises wholly of charges they have taken from me - "plus costs and interest which is accruing daily". I am due to issue my court papers on 4th Oct . They are not going to put me off but am getting more nervous

Hi sweetpants,

We're still battling with Collections - although to be fair they are picking on Mindzai much more than me even though it's mostly regarding our joint account. It sounds as though you've received the exact same letter as Mindzai did here. Be prepared to receive many phonecalls from them as Mindzai has had the Collections Centre phone a few times over the last couple of weeks. Every time it is somebody who has no idea that there is a court claim filed against them and that their solicitors have already acknowledged this. They always begin the conversation with something along the lines of "are you aware that your account is in arrears and you need to repay it now." So all of the letters we've sent have obviously gone to waste on them. When they're told that the account is in dispute their argument is always on the basis that Customer Recovery replied to our prelims saying that it's their final response, so that means there is no dispute going on. You just need to remind them that in the prelim letter it clearly says that your next response will be an LBA followed by court action so the dispute has always been ongoing. They will try to disagree with you at every point you make but the phone staff don't really seem to know what's going on and Mindzai has gotten pretty good at arguing our points to them - I'm lucky that it's him they've been picking on because I am really bad at this sort of thing on the phone. :oops:

You might be interested to know that Mindzai got phoned by Collections again this morning - demanding the money to be repaid. Now, the woman he spoke to clearly didn't know what was going on because she said that she thinks a default notice is issued automatically to the Credit Reference Agencies although she wouldn't confirm that this had happened. She also said that two further letters have been automatically sent out to Mindzai regarding this issue - I'm hoping that this converstaion will be included in Mindza's SAR for all phone recordings. :D Apparently under the Data Protection Act they can't automatically process data that will be harmful to you so if this default has been passed on atomatically to the Credit Reference Agencies not only have they breached the Banking Code but they will have also broken the law by breaching the Data Protection Act. The end result of the conversation was that an illusive supervisor will call Mindzai back later today to confirm whether a default has been processed. I say illusive because they did their usual trick of pretending that nobody with any authority was present at the time of the conversation. :rolleyes:

So far we haven't had anything else through about the default but apparently two, automated ;), letters are on their way for Mindzai. He had until 25th September to repay arrears which we haven't done so I guess these letters will be illustrating the bank's next step.

We have given up writing anymore letters to them. As far as we're concerned we made it very clear from the first letter that the accounts are in dispute, there's a court claim against them etc. I'm confident that a judge would think we've done everything correctly in this siutation and that the bank are messing us about.

Anyway I just thought I'd give you some info that may be of some use should you begin to receive phonecalls - I'm sure you will. Just be prepared and confident in what you say. The people who phone up don't know anything and if you begin to quote their Banking Code and Data Protection breaches they are well out of their depth. Even the Managers don't know what's going on and the one Mindzai spoke to was advised to give misinformation regarding the Banking Code! Apparently the banks legally have to pass on all information to the Credit Reference Agencies otherwise they're breaking the law - it says that in the Banking Code! The poor guy couldn't tell Mindzai where - I wonder why that was. :rolleyes:

Good luck and we'll be happy to help more if you want. It looks like we're slighty ahead of your dates for the default notices so keep a check on our thread to see the outcomes of all of this.

Lucid :)

• Haha 1

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Gary.I read that yours has been put off until next year.What a pain.I hope they dont do the same with mine although I am sure they will which will mean more problems for me caused by them.Oh well such is life lol

Yes, as our claims will both be at the same court its likely that yours will be stayed too, so be prepared for it. It's not a certainty though, it depends on the individual judge who looks at your case I would think. Also, I'm fighting hard to get the stay set aside, so watch this space!

Thanks Lucid

I have been getting lots of phone calls but luckily I have been at work so just get messages saying please phone LLoyds asap.I havent phoned them back as yet because I keep reading on here that its best to correspond by writing rather than phone as you then have proof etc.Not only that I know I will get so confused by them and mess things up.I received a letter yesterday just saying Important Please contact us now on 0870-2424760 regarding your arrears situation. So now not sure if I should ring.I dont want them to say in court that I refused to communicate but their response (in writing) to my LBA was "I must advise you that we will not be entering into any further correspondeence regarding the points you have raised" and then goes on to say that they are within their rights to register default information quoting my letters regarding the Fourth and Sixth Data Protection Principle.

I do wish I had studied law at school :confused:

****WON*****.