Julie vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad::mad::mad: I have just rung the court & spoke to a lovely lady but she said they have no record of my claim. I am extremely upset & can't believe they have been lying to me the past few times we have phoned. I just don't know what to do now.:sad:

The lovely lady has rung me back. she has found my file but it still hasn't been sent yet. I have now got my claim number but she said the typists haven't caught up with the back log so it won't get sent to maybe the end of the week.

Phoned the court again today as i still had nothing from them. The lovely bloke on the phone told me that papers have to be served on the bank by the 21st which is tomorrow so I suppose it will be Monday now. lets hope things start moving & i get a response from the bank next week.

Hi Jimvan, thanks & good luck to you too. I have been nervous but excited at the same time. Its a great feeling taking on such a big institution, its about time we stop letting these companies push us around.

After telling me last week that i would not get a copy of the court papers from the court I got one this morning stating that the papers were sent to the bank on the 19th & are deemed served by the 21st so now i feel like something is happening. I rang the court yesterday as I was told I should have recieved a form from the court with all the details, the bloke said that was right & one would be on its way to me, he also told me that they had not as yet recieved anything from the bank but due again to them being behind with there files it could be a few days before they would get to it even if the bank has responded.

Does the Halifax write to the claimant as well as the court if they choose to defend or does the claimant just wait for a response from the court?:confused:

I've had nothing from the Halifax regarding the court case, just notification from the court that they intend to defend. Hopefully the only thing I get now will be a fat cheque! Good luck with your case, Julie.

-------------------------------------

Action againt Halifax:

01.08.2006 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

25.08.06 Statements received

Calculated - they owe me £797.50 :eek:

15.09.06 Sent preliminary letter

26.09.06 received "sorry you're not happy" letter

29.09.06 LBA posted

14.10.06 Halifax offer me £439

16.10.06 Moneyclaim action filed

22.10.06 Claim acknowledged - Halifax to defend

02.11.06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!

Action against CapitalOne:

15.09.06 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

26.09.06 Received letter acknowledging S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

20.10.06 Statements received

Calculated - they owe me £392 :lol:

25.10.06 Sent preliminary letter

9.11.06 Sent LBA

--------------------------------------

Good luck to you too Sapphire, I suppose it depends on who is dealing with it as to how long it takes & how they deal with it. Knowing my luck I will get someone who want to leave it till the last minute tomake me sweat, the interest will add up nicely though.

I'VE DONE IT I HAVE WON!:D:D:D

I rang the court this afternoon & they said they hadn't had anything from the Halifax & i also hadn't had anything either. I checked my account this morning & nothing but checked it again after ringing the court & there it was in my account.

They didn't pay me my daily rate though so i rang them & she said because it wasn't in the total box I wasn't paid it, I explained it couldn't be put in the total box as it was a daily rate from the court claim to paymnet day & she said she would arrange to have it paid in to the account.:D

Right now this afternoon I got an email from them saying they were charging me £39 for an unpaid DD from yesterday, when i phoned they said they won't remove the charge so do i send a letter in again to claim that?

Good luck to everyone claiming, not that you will need it.

Could one of the mods please change my title for me to say I have won?

Could i also just say a big thank you to everyone on this site especially Martin who has kept my feet firmly grounded.

I have had a lot of useful information from this site, not just with bank matters. I will be making a donation & also encouraging others to use the site.

Well done Julie!! A good day for us both :-)

Guess what - I had a letter this afternoon sayig Halifax were adding another charge at the end of December! I'm going to call them tomorrow and try and sort this out - otherwise I'll be taking them back to court!!

Alison

-------------------------------------

Action againt Halifax:

01.08.2006 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

25.08.06 Statements received

Calculated - they owe me £797.50 :eek:

15.09.06 Sent preliminary letter

26.09.06 received "sorry you're not happy" letter

29.09.06 LBA posted

14.10.06 Halifax offer me £439

16.10.06 Moneyclaim action filed

22.10.06 Claim acknowledged - Halifax to defend

02.11.06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!

Action against CapitalOne:

15.09.06 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

26.09.06 Received letter acknowledging S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

20.10.06 Statements received

Calculated - they owe me £392 :lol:

25.10.06 Sent preliminary letter

9.11.06 Sent LBA

--------------------------------------