samson vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive decided to give the interest thing ago. heres a headwrecker for anyone. i incurred a charge of 39.00 on the 19 aug 2005,402 days ago, i calculate that they owe me roughly £3.43 on this one charge. is this correct, am i on the right track?

:mad: samson77:lol:

It depends how you are working it out...

There is not necessarily a simple answer....

You can claim for the interest that the bank applied to your account solely due to the charges, i.e. NOT for general interest which occurred simply because you had gone overdrawn.

This, in my book anyway, is more complicated to work out because you should ideally know what APR they charged you for general overdraft rates and for 'over limit' rates - unless, of course, you are one of the 'lucky' ones whose statements break this figure down for you.

It can also be argued that by not claiming this (possibly much smaller) figure, that you are allowing the bank an amount you consider IS proportionate to the costs it incurred dealing with your failed Direct Debit / Cheque etc etc.

If you had to face the enemy in court, you would at least have an argument to show you have allowed for actual cost. Remember though, you do not have to give them it.

The choice is yours........

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

ok thanx jonni ,i think threres too many complications with this interest thing so ill put it on the back burner and maybe use it for my capital oone claim as im sure(i hope lol) that there is more in charges than the halifax claim. cheers for your time m8

hi all ,ive been extremely busy for the past week and i didnt get round to posting my prelim letter,but its all ready to go tommorrow as well as my capital one prelim as well as i recieved my cap one statements on saturday .ill post this in my cap one thread