G24 Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I received a Parking Charge Notice from a company called G24. It shows photos of my car entering and exiting a free carpark (Wickes DIY store). Apparently the time allowed is 2 hours and I was there for 3 and a quarter hours. I didn't see any signage, and I will check, but I do assume it is there and in order. I did shop in Wickes. G24 want £95 in 28 days or £75 if I pay now.

It is a private carpark but it is also a free carpark with no entry barrier or ticket system. I was not aware until yesterday there was a time limit on the free parking. A charge of £95 for an extra hour in a free carpark seems extortionate. I do not feel it is a fair charge and I would like not to have to pay it if possible. Equally I don't really want to end up in court. Can anyone suggest a course of action please?

Hi and welcome to CAG

Here is a blog that explains loads

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?658-Demands-from-Parking-enforcement-companies-advice-and-template

My advice-don't pay

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 years later...