Car Finance Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi All

I have emailed JamieKrux privately to help him with the cancellation of the guarantee, but in relation to the other matter we will have to wait until we receive this into head office so we can look into it a little further.

Many Thanks

Linzi

Finally sorted out the guarantee, and now another problem arises.

They seem to have misplaced the spare key to my car, or potentially mailed it away, with no record of where it has gone.

They have said they will try and sort out a replacement if it cannot be found but I am not happy with the idea of a stranger having an envelope with my address and car key inside if it has been mailed. The man I spoke to was sure it had been posted, and told me it could have accidently been sent by regular post instead of recorded delivery.

Hi Jamie

Please can you tell me who you have spoken to?

I can chase this up for you.

Thanks

Linzi

Hi Jamie

Thanks for that, I am looking into this for you.

Linzi

Hi Jamie

I have spoken to Ian who has confirmed that the Finance department did post this out to you last week (date unconfirmed) If you have not received this by the end of the week, or at the latest Monday 31st January, Please let me know and we can discuss getting you a replacement.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks

Linzi

Under the new consumer credit directive you have a 14 day cooling off period for the finace but this does not include the the car,that is a seperate entity with carcraft

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THESE SO CALLED NEW REGS WITH A LINK PLEASE

AS A RULE, IF THE VEHICLE IS PURCHASED WITH FINANCE ON TRADE PREMISES, THEN THERE IS NO COOLING OFF OR CANCELATION RIGHTS,

WELL THERE IS IF YOU CANCELL BEFORE THE UNDERWRITERS SIGN IT OFF, 48 HOURS MAX AFTER SIGNING

http://www.berr.gov.uk/Policies/consumer-issues/consumer-credit-and-debt/consumer-credit-regulation/ec-consumer-credit-directive

Some finance companies implemented this in november.

we use Black horse and they started then.

official start date is feb 1st

4. Right of withdrawal – (Chapter 11)

1. The borrower can withdraw from an agreement within 14 days following conclusion of the agreement or (if later) once the borrower has received a copy of the executed agreement or notification of the credit limit on a credit card. The borrower must repay the credit and must also pay interest for each day the credit was drawn down.

Under the new consumer credit directive you have a 14 day cooling off period for the finace but this does not include the the car,that is a seperate entity with carcraft

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THESE SO CALLED NEW REGS WITH A LINK PLEASE

AS A RULE, IF THE VEHICLE IS PURCHASED WITH FINANCE ON TRADE PREMISES, THEN THERE IS NO COOLING OFF OR CANCELATION RIGHTS,

WELL THERE IS IF YOU CANCELL BEFORE THE UNDERWRITERS SIGN IT OFF, 48 HOURS MAX AFTER SIGNING

• 5 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.