advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Starting a new thead in the HALIFAX forum having just had my wrists cyber slapped for continuing my thread in the welcome forum - not all of us are fully up to speed with this sort of thing but muddle through and I thought I was doing the right thing! Anyway.................. have sent off my request for info under the Data Protection Act haven't hear anything yet...I know they have 40 days to respond but is it worth a phone call to ask how they are progressing?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a technical question with an apology for sounding so dense before I get chastised by a site helper for putting things in the wrong forum - I started a new thread in the Halifax forum on 7th Sept but seem to be unable to get back to it without convoluted search thorugh 'search forums'. I can easily find my original thread in 'welcome forum' but when I go back through the Halifax forum to the date I last posted there is no sign?? Dont understand!

• 3 weeks later...

Requested statements on 29th August. Rang direct number to office that deals with all this (as supplied on this site very useful!) about 10 days ago to ask how they were getting on. Received 81 envelopes today! Is this a record?? Anyway the task starts now - feeling daunted!!

Hiya

Not sure if its a record, I know my daughter had 78 so you have more than she did..

Good Luck With Your Claim

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Trawling through statements with highlighter pen now. My statements go back to the 1980's. I know its practice to claim for the last 6 years but is it possible to go back further? should I claim first for 6 years and then hit them again for the rest? I have read in some people threads that they have claimed for more than 6 but it was not clear how to go about this.

Halifax account holders can you answer this???? On my satements I have so far found 4 references to "account renewed" Just out of curiosity what on earth is this? This certainly hasn't appeared on the original statements - some of which I still have. Nice Irish lady in call centre couldn't (well said couldn't ) help me - who shall I call.Any advice?

Account renewed is a term related to the storage process of data by Halifax.

What it means is that periodically they used to/still do archive your account history when x number of transactions had passed to save space on the daily use storage.

(So I'm told, by a friend who was an ex-Halifax worker. Can't remember the exact details but that was the gist of it)

Its quite legitimate and harmless, you might also see account opened appearing at various intervals as well, linked to the same issue I believe.

There are threads on the 'over 6 year claims' dotted about and also in the FAQ's section. Basic rule of thumb is if you don't understand it, and haven't got a mate who's in 'law', I'd advise you leave well alone.

I guess it depends on how much that period adds up to, but thats my advice.

Good Luck

Thanks aardvark - wasn't too worried about the renewed account thing as it didn't appear to have any bearing on the account - but appreciate the explanation. will research the more than 6 years debate - thanks again