marksgirlie vs natwest

Marksgirlie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

After reading through this site and consulting with the OFT who agreed the charges levied on my account over the last 10 days (around £300, all of my Child benefit and my visually impaired husband's incapacity benefit) are excessive, I have decided to reclaim them.

Following the NatWest's complaints procedure, i spoke to the manager yesterday. He obviously had no intention of doing anything, and when i mentioned the OFT ruling about unlawful charges said 'No one's ever said this to me before, so i really can't comment'.!!! I can't decide what's more disgraceful- if that's true or if he's giving the company line...

Anyway my first letter went off to customer relations yesterday by recorded delivery- I used the template but with my own words where possible, having read in another thread about a customer service rep derisively mentioning template letters.

I have decided i will fight this through to the end. Luckily I have my parachute building soc account all ready so NatWest don't have any leverage over me -or any more of my money going in and out of their system.

I hope i can get some support from ppl on here when needed- which it provbably will be!

Hi MarksGirlie,

Your comment about template letters made me laugh.

I'll stop using template letters when they do!

Good Luck!!

Ned

NatWest Advantage Premier Account

01-09-2006 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

04-09-2006 - NW respond asking for fee

09-09-2006 - New S.A.R and fee sent

23-09-2006 - Statements received

IF YOU FOUND MY COMMENTS HELPFUL OR USEFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES. THANK YOU :)

Today i recieved a letter stating 'in view of your comments we have asked for a full briefing from those involved. Once this is recieved a formal response will be sent to you'.

I think this may be related to the fact that in my original letter I complained about the fact that the advisor I spoke to at the bank suggested getting a loan or credit card in order to have some money to live on.

Should I send another letter, acknowledging their response and pointing out that the refund of charges is a seperate issue and that i require an answer regarding that within 14 days? Or is it common for them to send a letter like this regardless of whether there is a complaint?

Also, did I spell acknowledging right? looks wrong to me.

Okay, got a surprise letter today- they have refunded charges totalling £537 back to my account!

This seems to have been in response to an e mail i sent to Andy Sinden at RBS, rather than to the prelim letter.

However, I think my situation has been different to the majority of the posters here, since i had a fairly serious complaint to make about their banking practices, specifically taking my husband's incapacity benefit and my child benefit, then suggesting we get a credit card from another lender to live off after they cleared out the account (turns out it was the branch deputy manager who suggested this, which may have also helped my case!!!)

Would it be useful for me to post my original letter and today's response here?

Congratulations you!!!! I think they were probably scared if it got out and came to the attention of the media or local press. You are an inspiration and if letting other people know how you did it, then maybe more people would have the courage to go for it.

Isobel

Hunbun;)

Thanks! It's this site that's the inspiration though- without it I wouldn't have known I had any rights in the matter. I would still have complained, but not effectively and they would have known they were safe to dismiss me.

Still penniless at the moment, but when my grant comes thru next week i WILL be making a donation here :)

If the site mods would like copies of the letters posted here or elsewhere i will be happy to do so.

Just rounding up the thread by confirming i recieved my cheque today- £237. The other 300 has been refunded to the account as i never actually paid those charges anyway, they were just debited to the already empty account.