Advice on Moorcroft Debt Recovery (part v)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with the Halifax which Moorcrof have latched onto. I have sent them the CCA letter. and they have replied saying that

"Certain accounts are excluded from compliance with part V of the consumer credit act or not in fact credit or hire agreements and we believe that our clients account falls into one of these catagories. We therefore require imediate payment of the sum outstanding or alternatavely your clients realistic proposals for repayment of the same".

Can anyone help me with this one

Hi, Got your PM

I have moved your post to it's own thread so that you don't get lost on someone elses.

Am I right in thinking this is an overdraft?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Cartaphilus

Just a question, really, the answer may be obvious to everyone else but ... What do they mean this:

or alternatavely your clients realistic proposals for repayment of the same".

Are you acting on behalf of someone else, then? Or is it that the administration is so crap at Moorcroft they not only don't know what time of the day it is most of the time or that their letter writing is so bad now they have to refer/reply to everything in the third party? Or just they don't employ people with much brain matter?

I have a debt with the Halifax which Moorcrof have latched onto. I have sent them the CCA letter. and they have replied saying that

"Certain accounts are excluded from compliance with part V of the consumer credit act or not in fact credit or hire agreements and we believe that our clients account falls into one of these catagories. We therefore require imediate payment of the sum outstanding or alternatavely your clients realistic proposals for repayment of the same".

Can anyone help me with this one

hi the halifax robbed me with thier overdraght charges, and moorcrp sent a letter to me asking for money, i sent them a letter back saying i will not pay you, but will indeed offer to pay the halifax £1 every week. if they refues then they can take me to court.

so i can tell the mr judge i was only £50 over drawen now they want £900? i am really fed up of these charges

Guest Cartaphilus
but will indeed offer to pay the halifax £1 every week. if they refues then they can take me to court.

Moorcroft, court? Excuse me whilst I throw up. :)

Guest Cartaphilus

BTW, Mr Russell, but Moorcroft can't take you to court, not unless they own the debt. Like I said, Moorcroft and court; excuse me whilst I throw up.

Guest Cartaphilus

Oh, and BTW, but I just so happen to have a Halifax debt with Moorcroft right now. What a surprise.

Edited by Cartaphilus

BTW, Mr Russell, but Moorcroft can't take you to court, not unless they own the debt. Like I said, Moorcroft and court; excuse me whilst I throw up.

hi mr cartaphilus, i do not think that moorcroft own the debt , they only send a letter" pre" court division on behalf of the halifax.

i have hade lots of court papers berfoe from the judges that wear the red coat,

Guest Cartaphilus

They still wear red coats?

but Moorcroft can't take you to court, not unless they own the debt. Like I said, Moorcroft and court; excuse me whilst I throw up.

By that, I mean any action they threaten you with.

An overdraft is not generally covered by a CCA request (part v exemption) but they still should send you something to show you actually had an overdraft facility

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Cartaphilus
hi mr cartaphilus, i do not think that moorcroft own the debt , they only send a letter" pre" court division on behalf of the

link3.gif

Their pre-court division is on a level with a flying spaghetti monster. Doesn't exist. As to judges, red coats. Last one I saw wore perfectly ordinary every day clothing.

hi mr cartaphilus, i do not think that moorcroft own the debt , they only send a letter" pre" court division on behalf of the halifax.

hi, you mention in your post to judges that wear THE RED COAT these are indeed judges in the crown court, now county court and crown court is indeed a diffrent matter!

Their pre-court division is on a level with a flying spaghetti monster. Doesn't exist. As to judges, red coats. Last one I saw wore perfectly ordinary every day clothing.

ah a judge with a red hoody , jeans , and a tie.

Guest Cartaphilus

If you say so. Turning up like that wearing cargo pants, Republic gear. Skateboard out the back. Perhaps they felt the court needed a bit of a fashion lift.

Guest Cartaphilus
INDEED , as it would only be a county court hearing the judge may indeed be

wearing cargo pants.

As it was the most catestrophic error I have ever made, the county court judge wore a plain suit, the claimants solicitor a cheap looking one. It was to save someone's house repossession which was successful but only with my help. My payment for all that? Being almost made homeless, life long debt and being betrayed. You may ask yourself why I try to give so much of myself to others when to some it would put them off for life being through all that. That's a question I ask myself every day.