housing benefit and out of the country advise

Tillysocute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currantly on JSA after contract ended a few months ago.

Despite to numerous to count job applications i have been unable to secure employment..

I live alone my husband walked out on me last year and having a pretty rough time of it at the moment.

My lovely son who lives in Oz has sent me a ticket to visit him over christmas and the new year..6 weeks in total...

He thinks the break will cheer me up and put me on the right track again, when in reality im worried to death!! Mainly about signing off and housing benefit...

I have looked on the council website and it says they will pay housing benefit for 13 weeks if your abroad but i dont know what i should do ..Go in there write a letter??

Also i sign on on the 17th of November and i fly out on the 29th november so when do i sign off?

Can someone point me in the right direction please

Hello Tilly, nice to see you again.

I don't know the answer to your question and I'm really sorry about that. Your husband clearly made a bad choice by leaving and your son sounds lovely [far better than a relative's son in the Antipodes]. I really hope you get to see him and that someone here is able to help with your benefits queries. You might need to be a little bit patient because it's half term, but I would expect you'll get an answer.

My best, HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

Regarding the council, I would put go in to your local housing office with a letter detailing when you are going and when you are coming back. Ensure they date stamp the letter and get a receipt for it. I think a week before you go is adequate notice.

As far as I can remember, JSA was paid in arrears (I could be wrong though) so I would have thought just a couple of days notice telling them you are signing off.

I tell you one thing though. If I was in your shoes, I would do everything I could to wangle a longer stay. The weather, the people, the crocs, the spiders--maybe not :-):-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh thankyou for advise...

Honeybee thankyou for your kind words i too think i have a super lovely son..Miss him like mad....

Silverfox Great advise thankyou

I will draft a letter and make sure they stamp it...I wouldnt have thought of the details :0

Oh yes, I forgot. Once the letter is date stamped, ask them to photocopy it and give you a copy OR print two copies and ask them to stamp your copy. You can never be too careful

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE