need some help

bev246
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

I am currently under a debt management plan which has been running for 2 months. Nationwide will not accept my offer stating that I only oopened my credit card in january 2010 so they wont accept my offer as i am still in the 12 month agreement

would appreciate any advice on this they have had me in tears all afternoon

bev

They are in breach of the OFT's guidelines....You must report them to the OFT who make it quite clear

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

c. refusing to deal with appointed or authorised third parties, such

as Citizens Advice Bureaux, independent advice centres or money

advisers

d. contacting debtors directly and bypassing their appointed representatives

e. operating a policy, without reason, of refusing to negotiate with

debt management companies

They are the Office of fair trading Bev......... Dont let them w**kers get to you, send them a letter its on here somewhere and am sure someone will be along soon stating that you wish for all contact to be done so in writing and that all telphone numbers that they hold for you be removed from there systems

hi bev246,

you can if you are with b.t. get the phone calls stopped immediately almost, ring bt up and ask them to put choose to refuse on for you, it is about £3.00 something for the service per quarter, but easy to use, and you can stop any number you want from getting through, you can tell the office of fair trading, and everyone, but they still phone, we even reported ours to the police, for harrassment, but nothing stopped it, only the bt choose to refuse. or have your telephone number changed, some will do this for free if you are having nuisance calls.

also keep paying your token payments as this is showing willing, and if you have not already done so, send them your income and expenditure form to prove this is all you can now afford, and only pay what you can afford, if you ring national debtline they will tell you this, they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable on debt and other issues, their telephone number is 0808 808 4000, mon to fri 9a.m. to 9p.m. and sat. 9a.m. to 1p.m. they are breaking the banking code and the office of fair trading code of practice guidelines by a debtor have financial difficulties, they should behave sympathetically,

etc, national debtline can also send you the booklet on all this, and also see their website at www.nationaldebtline.co.uk

there is not much they do not know, so please do ring them, or see their website.

do not speak to any creditor on the telephone, they will say anything, everything must be in writing only, and send a letter to them telling them this, and not to ring again, also send recorded delivery, everything you send them, as they will say they never received, etc.

hope this is helpful, so now dry your eyes, and do not let these people, who simply do not understand peoples plights,

unless they get into themselves, do not let them upset you anymore.

god bless, totiesquoties.

Edited by totiesquoties
correction typo

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

also bev246,

most of these creditors say they do not accept your offer, but national debtline will tell you to keep paying it, what you can afford, even if they do not accept it, as you are showing willing.

totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol: