CCCS and debt not handlied correctly ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello..

In April 2010 i contacted cccs to take over the running of my creditors, at a reduced rate.

i made complaints on the accounts, which one had been sorted, by getting 4 months worth of charges and intrest refunded, (well took of the balance anyway).

i'm awaiting the out come of three other accounts.

The one i'm putting in this thread is the one that is causing the headaches so to speak,

the plan has been in place since april 2010, and i thought payments were been sent to the creditors involved, however, upon speaking to one creditor, i was informed that no payment or plan had been set up by cccs and that i should contact them, which i did, and they expressed that every creditor was been paid something every month,

after serveral calls back and forth, it was found that one creditor was been paid TWO lots of repayments by mistake, as cccs had in-putted in-correct details when setting the plan up, so one creditor was getting TWO creditors payments and one was getting nothing. ( sounds confusing i know, i was too )

After speaking on the phone, with the creditor and cccs this has now been corrected, and payments have started to the creditor that was getting nothing,

now comes the problem,

i claimed the charges and intrest from this creditor, but there now say that due to NO plan or payments received, that they can-not refund charges until the date of the set up of the plan,

cccs made the mistake, and its cost me £1327.98 in charges and intrest,

i've bantered back and forth with the creditor and cccs to no avail,

the charges and interest have now stopped on this said account,

but i have lost out on the refund of 5 months due to this problem,

can anyone please give advice on what i can do now on this one account,

i feel like i'm banging my head on a brick wall, i've managing to sort refunds from most of my creditors but this one, as there are not taking blame for the plan that was supposed to be set up but hadn't.

Every time i looked on line and printed my monthly statements from cccs it showed payments to all creditors,

which i printed of each month, yet this mistake happened and there won't take responsibility for the error. ?????

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Just as a follow up, i have recieved defaults notices for the TWO loans, including the one that the thread relates to. Maybe that might help someone to help me. if you need more info just hollow me. i'm on line every-day.

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Guest Peer Lawther

Hi Shywazz,

To introduce myself, I work for CCCS and noticed your post this morning.

I am concerned about your comments relating to the way your Debt Management Plan has been handled. I can arrange for a full investigation to be carried out on your behalf to establish exactly what has happened and look at how this can be resolved.

We have a dedicated team available who would help and I have forwarded your comments directly to them. However, they'll need your client reference number so we can locate your details.

If you would like us to look into this you PM me your email address and I'll pass the information to the relevant department.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions let me know.

HI Sequenci yes the CCCS are now paying the creditors correctly. some direct to the clients, others to albion, blair etc etc

HI Peer, thax for your reply also, it's cccs thats caused my currant cirmcumstances, in respect to the wrong creditors been paid and myself struggling to sort the mess out, along with alot of intrest and charges that i would have been able to claim back should the payments have been correctly handlied and distributed. instead up to only last month, when i finally got everything sorted, the debts had risen by 14.3% due to added intrest and charges, i lost count how many phone calls i made to cccs respect this happening, all to no avail. i've found out that if i make a complaint against cccs then there will drop my account like stone, so i'm steering well clear of that. thax anyway.

Guest Peer Lawther

Hi Shywazz, I can assure you that making a complaint about CCCS does not result in steps being taken to end a DMP.

We have a formal complaints procedure (which you can view on our website - the link is located at the bottom right of the homepage) so that anyone who uses our service can make us aware of any concerns they have. This gives us the opportunity to fully investigate what has happened, especially as your comments show you're concerned about the way your case has been handled.

We really would like to look into this on your behalf. To do this we would need you to provide us with additional details to identify your file, and I'll be happy to send you a contact email address by private message so you can speak directly with our Client Liaison Manager in confidence.

Hello PEER i have just come of the phone with CCCS after trying again to explain the cirmcumstances on this account, which sadly seemed to fall upon unwanted hearing, i seeked to be put through to the liaison manager, but was informed this isn't possible and that any thing relating to such needs to be put into writing?

I managed to get more intrest and charges refunded by the halifax bank today, which has near cleared one account, which is good news, least there listening to my concerns with open ears.

Looks like cccs don't want to take blame for the incorrect account not reciveing payments hence no refunds on this said account will be entertained by the halifax. but i will continue to persue.

The problem you might find with cccs is that they are backed by creditors and therefore you may find that the courts or any action you take isn't very helpful however i think it is important that people do stand up to them and treat them just like you would any other debt advice company so well done and good luck.

Guest Peer Lawther

Hi there, thanks for your update.

We'd really like to help investigate what has happened with your case so if you'd like to send me your client reference number via private message we'll raise a formal complaint and complete a full investigation on your behalf.

I'll personally pass any details directly to the Client Liaison Manager to help you achieve a resolution.

The problem you might find with cccs is that they are backed by creditors and therefore you may find that the courts or any action you take isn't very helpful however i think it is important that people do stand up to them and treat them just like you would any other debt advice company so well done and good luck.

Just because they receive funding doesn't mean that they work on 'behalf' of the creditors. This is a common ploy used by fee-charging DMP firms to try and get business. Most creditors are MUCH more receptive to affordable arrangements via one of the free DMP firms compared to the commercial sector.

Anyhows, we digress. Shywazz, Peer will be able to help you - I can assure you of that.

Thax for replies, i've managed to get more charges and intrest refunded on one of my accounts, which is gd news as the overall balance is now lower, sadly due to me claiming such back, there have now given this account to a debt collection company, called moorcroft, whom phoned tonite at 9pm, there had all the information incorrect, so i informed them to go back to there cilent, bos and contact me again once there have the correct info, also informed them no phone calls, in writing only. i explained that i have had many dealing with debt collection companys over the last 6 mths, so the threats she started the call with, was point less and that she was been abit early with such threats. she ended the call quicker than she started it. Peer with respect i don't want to be giving out my client ref number to strangers, if you have a direct line into cccs to speak with You or someone, then i would ring to discuss, after i phoned cccs about this matter last week, i was informed i wasn't able to speak to anyone.

Guest Peer Lawther

Thanks for your reply and it's understandable that you'd rather not give out your client reference number.

You can send us an email with your client reference number via the Contact Us page on the CCCS website (apologies, I can't post links to it at present) that we'll pass on to the Client Liaison Manager straight away (please select "Other" from the "Reason for contact" menu).

If you mention you're contacting us with regards to the posts on Consumer Action Group forum she'll understand exactly what you're referring to.

Hope this helps and we can sort out your concerns as soon as possible.

• 3 years later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone has been successful in starting they OWN IVA with debt collections companies, am thinking of contacting my creditors to ask about such, as I sorted and arranged my own Debt management plan three years ago, and haven't had any problems since, I'm now considering putting forward a IVA plan to my creditors, as my management plan will last another 9 years, if anyone has considered or even been successful with they creditors with a self approached IVA please contact me, not sure this approach will work or just continue on the debt management that I arranged.