Ashbourne managment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Slick,

The person that supposedly bought me the membership as a birthday gift stopped payments for it.

They then started sending me letters, I explained to them it was a birthday gift but they kept sending me the letters and yes I paid them because they said I was defaulted and a credit risk. After paying them I checked with experian and there was no such thing on my credit report. Guess I should just swallow this one then EH????:|

Hi SJ,

Guess I should just swallow this one then EH????:|

Absolutely NOT !!

But can you please read the specific Q's I asked above and answer them fully. If you give us enough info, I'm sure we can get them to refund the £480, or at least some of it. :-)

For instance, in Q1 above, I asked "Do you have letters ........etc" You have simply said they sent you letters. I want to know if you still have the letters.

In Q2, I want to know why you paid the full annual m/ship fee in one go instead of £40 pcm.

Give some detail in reply to Q3 as well if you want your money back.

These gyms and their administrators prey on peoples fear and lack of knowledge in such matters and have effectively obtained money from you to which they had no entitlement. :evil:

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Yes I do have some of the letters still and can probably find more of them.

I paid it in full as the person that was buying it as a gift did not carry on payments so they started sending me letters saying I was in default and registration of my debt had been handed to credit reference agencies, and I was now classified as a credit risk.

I have since checked with experian and there was no such default against me.

Hi SJ,

Now you're an expert at scanning, yes, I'd like you to post up one of the letters from Ashbourne which demanded payment of the full year's m/ship fee plus the extra amounts which totalled £535.

I think it is almost time to demand repayment of the 2nd year's m/ship fees in full.

Post up the demand letter and I will draft a claim letter which will seek a full refund of the amount. If they refuse to pay, you will complain to Trading Standards and/or the FOS and the OFT. At the same time you'll send them a Letter Before Action.

If they still refuse, you will issue court action seeking the refund plus interest.

Are you happy to proceed with this with the support of CAG ?

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi SJ,

That letter is good.

Do you have one that confirms when, or why, you owed them the full £480.

Also, was anything written about the mysterious extra £55 that they dreamed up, giving the total of £535.

Did you check with one of the Credit Ref Agencies and find that no Default had been registered at all. Or was there any negative marker about this which was updated as "paid" ?

I'll be busy over the next few days but will get onto this after the w/end.

8-)

Hi Slick,

I checked with experian and there was no default from them on my file.

I have another letter the same as the one I posted on here just a different date. I will sort through some paperwork and look for one stating what the other £55.00 was for, I am sure it was a charge for non payment.

Get back to you ASAP. Thanks again :):-D

• 1 month later...

Hi SJ,

Have you been able to find the letters from Ashbourne that clarify why they wanted a total of £535 from you.

If you want your money back, we should move on with this now.

8)

Hi SJ,

Thanks for the PM, which confirmed that you have received 3 letters since xmas similar to the one you posted previously.

What I would really like to see is the letter which demanded payment of the £535. Have you found this yet.

Are you willing to seek a refund from them for the full amount paid. You may have to issue court action to do this but you'll have our support and help in doing this.

8-)