Excess charges

richardc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know. I just want to doodle with the idea.

However, if there is evidence that the envelope has been opened with a finger then it is unhelpful. I am interested in evidence of inadequate packaging or an unsealed envelope.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I just want to doodle with the idea.

However, if there is evidence that the envelope has been opened with a finger then it is unhelpful. I am interested in evidence of inadequate packaging or an unsealed envelope.

From experience, and knowing our postman, my opinion is that the envelope was not strong enough for the weight contained.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Received very prompt reply to my last. Additional DPA request is for records of all manual intervention. Lets see what I get.

David Just wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail dated 23 February 2006. I can also confirm that I have received your attached letter and am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with my response to date.

Unfortunately I am unable to add any further information to my previous letter and can only refer you to the terms and conditions of your account. However, I respect that you have your own opinion about our charges.

Regarding my earlier response, I am sorry to hear that you received your statements in a damaged envelope. I am sure you will appreciate that this is beyond our control, since we rely on the Royal Mail, which we consider to be a safe and secure service to send items to our customers.

I am also aware that you tried to contact me by telephone on 24 February 2006 and I did try to call you back on several occasions. Unfortunately the line was engaged and I was unable to get through. Since this time, I have now received your further correspondence.

As a final point, you have made a request for information that we hold about you. As I am sure you are aware, I provided the copy bank statements free of charge, however, I would be grateful if you would forward a cheque for £10 to enable me to accept your further request, which will include statements for your Credit Card.

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. You can contact them at The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0845 080 1800. Website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I received telephone call from David James. Thanked him for prompt response. He called ref my request for info under DPA for records of manual intervention. He is putting request through - I will have to pay the£10. Only too happy if it produces something.

County Court Claim filed and served.

can we have the details for the litigation section please.

• 2 weeks later...

Letter received detailing banks defence. Also an offer to seetle which I cann't discuss. Considering.

One point that will be of interest - the bank wants me to go for 'an account review' which may be useful to consider whether alternative banking arrangements may be more suitable to my needs. In other words they'll close the account. Needless to say I will be heartbroken :Cry: but parachute account already opened and working :D

To serve the paper yourself, you have to issue at the court office, tell them it is DIY and then take the papers round to the bank.

You must then file an certificate of service within 7 days of the date of service - even if the court staff don't tell you about this or tell you that it is not necessary.

Yes. I did as BF says. It's good for your morala.

• 2 weeks later...

Claim settled in full. Account downgraded. No debit Card. Will keep account open - all major transactions in parachute account in future.

Claim settled in full. Account downgraded. No debit Card. Will keep account open - all major transactions in parachute account in future.

Well done :-))

Have you completed the poll?

Last time I looked there was a dispiriting lack of Lloyds in the results

Have completed poll. I know there have been other results and I'll try to chase up some people to post.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks