Advice RE enhanced CRB check...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied for a voluntary post at a local school back in May so that I could do a course with the OU. Spoke to the headteacher, who knows me relatively well, and he said he would have to send off for a CRB check. To this day, I still have not received the CRB check back, everytime I ring them I get the same thing 'it's stuck with the local police and we have asked them to provide the data required.' I am getting very fed up now of being messed around, and I am beginning to worry that they may put stuff on their regarding some trouble with my ex partner(had nothing whatsoever to do with me, but not sure if it matters as he is linked to me). I don't know if they can legally do this, but I am worrying myself silly. I know that my one and only conviction back in 2002 (i think lol it was a long time ago!!) will appear on there but the school are aware of that, as well as some trouble with Social Services (again not involving me but it was to do with my children). The headteacher knows everything that happened, so not really worried on that part, but don't know what the police are doing!!! Surely it doesn't take them 3 and a half months to do their checks??!!

Hope someone can help me out a bit here...or does anyone know of a way how I can speed this up?? The peeps at CRB are doing all they can, but still the police aren't doing anything.

Hello there. Please stop worrying for now, I don't think there's anything too wrong. We have papasmurf on the forum and he knows quite a lot about CRB checks. I don't know if he's around this evening, but it you bear with us I think you'll get an answer.

My best HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It isn't unusual for an enhanced CRB to take several months - I read recently that one took just over 4 years :shock:

Probably nothing you can do but be persistent - unless you can get through to the disclosure team at the local Police HQ.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi rachrileykelso.......... I agree that these checks can seem to go on forever. Enhanced CRB checks look deeper into what the Police know about you. Normally a check on the Police National Computer would be done but as you intend to work with vulnerable people ie children local police systems are also checked. These could include crime reports / allegations of crime but not convicted of the allegation. They could also include intelligence reports eg a neighbour has reported something concerning but maybe not a crime. The point of these is that the employer can make a judgement as to employ you or not.

I am a bit concerned with what you have said. What was the conviction for in 2002? and the trouble with the social services? and the trouble with the ex?

The conviction was for perverting the course of justice, was purely a mistake as didn't realise what I was doing was wrong got community service for it. My ex was involved in something that I don't really want to disclose on here, but it had nothing to do with me, so don't think this will go against me, and the school are completely aware of what happened anyway.

Rach