• Tweets

• S13 (2)The creditor may not exercise the right under paragraph 4 to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges specified in the notice to keeper if, within the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which that notice was given, the creditor is given— (a)a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement; (b)a copy of the hire agreement; and (c)a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. As  Arval has complied with the above they cannot be pursued by EC----- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- S14 [1]   the creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer. (2)The conditions are that— (a)the creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper; (b)a period of 21 days beginning with the day on which the notice to hirer was given has elapsed;  As ECP did not send copies of the documents to your company and they have given 28 days instead of 21 days they have failed to comply with  the Act so you and your Company are absolved from paying. That is not to say that they won't continue asking to be paid as they do not have the faintest idea how PoFA works. 
    • Euro have got a lot wrong and have failed to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  According to Section 13 after ECP have written to Arval they should then send a NTH to the Hirer  which they have done.This eliminates Arval from any further pursuit by ECP. When they wrote to your company they should have sent copies of everything that they asked Arval for. This is to prove that your company agree what happened on the day of the breach. If ECP then comply with the Act they are allowed to pursue the hirer. If they fail, to comply they cannot make the hirer pay. They can pursue until they are blue in the face but the Hirer is not lawfully required to pay them and if it went to Court ECP would lose. Your company could say who was driving but the only person that can be pursued is the Hirer, there does not appear to be an extension for a driver to be pursued. Even if there was, because ECP have failed miserably to comply with the Act  they still have no chance of winning in Court. Here are the relevant Hire sections from the Act below.
    • Thank-you FTMDave for your feedback. May I take this opportunity to say that after reading numerous threads to which you are a contributor, I have great admiration for you. You really do go above and beyond in your efforts to help other people. The time you put in to help, in particular with witness statements is incredible. I am also impressed by the way in which you will defer to others with more experience should there be a particular point that you are not 100% clear on and return with answers or advice that you have sought. I wish I had the ability to help others as you do. There is another forum expert that I must also thank for his time and patience answering my questions and allowing me to come to a “penny drops” moment on one particular issue. I believe he has helped me immensely to understand and to strengthen my own case. I shall not mention who it is here at the moment just in case he would rather I didn't but I greatly appreciate the time he took working through that issue with me. I spent 20+ years of working in an industry that rules and regulations had to be strictly adhered to, indeed, exams had to be taken in order that one had to become qualified in those rules and regulations in order to carry out the duties of the post. In a way, such things as PoFA 2012 are rules and regulations that are not completely alien to me. It has been very enjoyable for me to learn these regulations and the law surrounding them. I wish I had found this forum years ago. I admit that perhaps I had been too keen to express my opinions given that I am still in the learning process. After a suitable period in this industry I became Qualified to teach the rules and regulations and I always said to those I taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. If opinions, theories and observations are put forward, discussion can take place and as long as the result is that the student is able to clearly see where they went wrong and got to that moment where the penny drops then that is a valuable learning experience. No matter how experienced one is, there is always something to learn and if I did not know the answer to a question, I would say, I don't know the answer to that question but I will go and find out what the answer is. In any posts I have made, I have stated, “unless I am wrong” or “as far as I can see” awaiting a response telling me what I got wrong, if it was wrong. If I am wrong I am only too happy to admit it and take it as a valuable learning experience. I take the point that perhaps I should not post on other peoples threads and I shall refrain from doing so going forward. 🤐 As alluded to, circumstances can change, FTMDave made the following point that it had been boasted that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing .... but now they have. I too used the word "seemed" because it is true, we haven't had all the details. After perusing this forum I believe certain advice changed here after the Beavis case, I could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember reading. Could it be that after winning the above case in question, a claimant could refer back to this case and claim that a defendant had not made use of the appeal process, therefore allowing the claimant to win? Again, in this instance only, I do not know what is to be gained by not making an appeal or concealing the identity of the driver, especially if it is later admitted that the defendant was the driver and was the one to input the incorrect VRN in error. So far no one has educated me as to the reason why. But, of course, when making an appeal, it should be worded carefully so that an error in the appeal process cannot be referred back to. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post here but I wanted to bring up this point for discussion. Yes, I admit I have limited knowledge, but does that mean I should have kept silent? After I posted that I moved away from this forum slightly to find other avenues to increase my knowledge. I bought a law book and am now following certain lawyers on Youtube in the hope of arming myself with enough ammunition to use in my own case. In one video titled “7 Reasons You Will LOSE Your Court Case (and how to avoid them)” by Black Belt Barrister I believe he makes my point by saying the following, and I quote: “If you ignore the complaint in the first instance and it does eventually end up in court then it's going to look bad that you didn't co-operate in the first place. The court is not going to look kindly on you simply ignoring the company and not, let's say, availing yourself of any kind of appeal opportunities, particularly if we are talking about parking charge notices and things like that.” This point makes me think that, it is not such a bizarre judgement in the end. Only in the case of having proof of payment and inputting an incorrect VRN .... could it be worthwhile making a carefully worded appeal in the first instance? .... If the appeal fails, depending on the reason, surely this could only help if it went to court? As always, any feedback gratefully received.
    • To which official body does one make a formal complaint about a LPA fixed charge receiver? Does one make a complaint first to the company employing the appointed individuals?    Or can one complain immediately to an official body, such as nara?    I've tried researching but there doesn't seem a very clear route on how to legally hold them to account for wrongful behaviour.  It seems frustratingly complicated because they are considered to be officers of the court and held in high esteem - and the borrower is deemed liable for their actions.  Yet what does the borrower do when disclosure shows clear evidence of wrong-doing? Does anyone have any pointers please?
    • Steam is still needed in many industries, but much of it is still made with fossil fuels.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

reload vs Capital One

reload
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Time to start sticking my head back into these forums a bit more :D

SAR will be sent to Capital One tomorrow. I may actually give them a call and ask for duplicate statements tonight - never know your luck, I guess.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Well, after spending 4 minutes 52 seconds fighting my way through their bloody IVR on the line to either Bangalore or Mumbai (wherever their callcentre is based) I selected an option to 'speak to an account manager'. I requested copies of all statements since the account was opened, and was promised they'll be with me within 5 working days.

We'll see :)

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Must say I'm quite impressed. Full set of statements (although the account is only about 18 months old) turned up today!

You are very lucky. I have been asking for mine for 2 months now and each time they apologise and promise, cross their heart, whatnot, so i wait and I swear to myself, that's it, it's SAR time.

So in the meantime, I have defaulted, because they wallop me on the head with charge after charge.

I have done the deed with Lloyds, so this time at least I know roughly what are my options!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Knocking up a prelim approach now. I'm planning to pre-empt their £8/charge offer, and also reiterate the OFT's statement about them not believing a £12 figure is a fair charge. Essentially replying to their template letter before they send it. Will be amusing to see whether they actually spend time replying personally or just use the template letter regardless :D

Right, planning on sending this to Capital One tomorrow:

Might be a vain hope that Mr Udy himself will read and reply personally, but it's worth a go.

Large chunks of it are borrowed from the standard prelim letter, with some bits from myself, one or two choice phrases from Bean I believe it was, and some bits directly from the OFT report ;)

Request for repayment of charges

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Dear Sir,

I am writing to request the refund of the sum of £360 in penalty charges applied to my account. Subsequent to a thorough appraisal of the press release issued by the Office of Fair Trading, it has been brought to my attention that:

“Where credit card default charges are set at more than £12, the OFT will presume that they are unfair, and is likely to challenge the charge unless there are limited, exceptional business factors in play. A default charge is not fair simply because it is below £12. Setting a threshold for intervention is a pragmatic pro-consumer action that is designed to give the industry the opportunity to change its practice without litigation.”

Not wishing to pre-empt your standard, templated response to the “Request for repayment of charges” letter provided by the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk website, but this statement categorically lays out the fact that the OFT do not view £12 to be a fair figure. Furthermore, they go on to elaborate that:

“The OFT is not proposing that default fees should be equivalent to the threshold, and a court will certainly not consider that a default fee is fair just because it is below the threshold.”

Your continued assertion that “The OFT has said it believes default fees of £12 are likely to be fair” in your template response to other members of the Consumer Action Group website is therefore entirely false.

Due to the above reasons, I consider the regime of £20 fees you have been applying to my account in respect of “Late Payment Fees” and “Overlimit Fees” is unlawful with regard to Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary. I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are fair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them. Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter, and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

If after the 14 days following my Letter Before Action you still have not responded to my satisfaction, I will be issuing a claim via the Small Claims court to recover the £360 unlawfully taken from my account. Furthermore, should I be forced to file a claim, you will additionally be liable for the £50 court cost as well as £18.77 in statutory 8% interest.

It is my understanding that it is your practice to offer a goodwill refund of the difference between the £20 charges you make, and the £12 intervention limit suggested by the OFT. This would make a figure of £144.00. I would be willing to accept such an offer as a partial payment of the balance, however I have to inform you that in such a case I would continue to pursue the outstanding amount – through the Courts if necessary.

As you contend that your current charges are both fair and legal, I politely request you furnish me with evidence that the £20 charge is a reasonable representation of your costs. A breakdown of your expenditure incurred for late payment and overlimit fees will certainly provide me with satisfactory information in my evaluation as to whether your fees are, in fact, fair and legal.

Yours faithfully,

• Confused 2

Good stuff Reload. I think Cap 1 do actually read our letters (unlike LTSB!) and respond accordingly. They certainly did with me.

It might be something to do with compliance, after that debacle over the PPI T & Cs.

Anyway, I'm just reciprocating the support you have previously given me and I'm sure you'll prevail.:)

Elsinore

Hi Carl,

First of all - you'd be best off starting your own thread to ask questions/post your progress in :)

Head over to the Bank Templates Library and have a look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html. Should do what you need.

Reload I must say that is a great letter and I / we would be intrested in any reponse that you may receive in due course. I hope that you are going to post it on here like you normally do.

Good luck

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Will definately be posting any response I get datxman - if I bleeding well get one!

5 days and counting Mr Udy... :D

Well, got in from work today to two letters at once - just typed the Barclays one up, Capital One's turn now.

Dear Mr reload,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about the fees we've added to your account. I understand you think these fees are unlawful and I'm sorry you feel this way.

To explain, we automatically add late payment fees if your payment is missed, arrives late or isn't enough to cover your minimum payment. We'll add overlimit fees if your balance goes over your agreed credit limit, which is £200.

When we opened your account in May 2005, we sent you a credit card agreement which stated these fees. By signing and returning this to us, you agreed to the terms and conditions for the account.

As you're probably aware, the Office of Fair Trading are not challenging the right of banks to charge default fees, but merely the level of those fees. Although we feel £20 is a just fee, we have reduced our charges to £12 so we are in line with our competitors.

I've reviewed your account and, as a matter of goodwill, I'd like to reduce the fees we've added to your account £12. So I can do these refunds totalling £168, please sign and return the settlement form I've included. Once I get back I'll add these refunds to your account.

To avoid more fees, you need to make sure we receive your monthly payments on time. On your statement, you'll find your payment due date and a date we recommend you make your payments by. Also, you need to make sure your balance doesn't go over your credit limit.

I hope I've explained things clearly and you're happy with the steps I've taken. However, if you have any further questions, please write back to me within four weeks. My address is in the leaflet I've included, which also explains our complaints procedure. If I don't hear from you, I'll consider that you're happy with my response and that your complaint is closed.

Yours sincerely

(Printed signature)

Robert Udy

Executive Office Manager

Attached were the following:

I confirm my acceptance of Capital One's offer of £168. This action by Capital One is accepted by me as closure of my complaint.

A one-big-box form with the text "We'd be very grateful if you could take a few moments of your time to give us your comments on the way that we've handled your complaint, this is so that we have the opportunity to improve our service in the future."

A "Please tell us when we make a mistake... ...because nobody's perfect"

... and a prepaid envelope to the "Executive Response Centre".

Soooo... I wonder what I'm going to do here... :D

First of all: A Letter Before Action. I'll customise this in a similar way to my prelim, and I'm expecting a touch of sarcasm to slip in to my phrasing. The comment "Thank you for ignoring the content of my Preliminary Approach Letter. Please fill this form out so I can know in future how to capture the attention of the peons in your office who read these letters, and force them to actually address the points I raise" may be included...

Ok, I lie. I will most certainly, however, be telling them that I am willing to accept their preliminary offer in partial payment of my complaint, that I have edited, signed and returned their settlement letter accordingly - and that:

I hope I've explained things clearly and you're happy with the steps I've taken. However, if you have any further questions, please write back to me within fourteen working days. My address is at the top of this letter, which also details my complaint for the second time in the hope you will respond personally. If I don't hear from you, or I do not hear a satisfactory response offering full and final settlement or the remainder of the outstanding balance after the initial refund is made, I'll consider that you're happy with the fact that I shall be submitting County Court proceedings against your company with no further warning.

I mean, really. I know as a Pinky I shouldn't be seen to abuse the banks or make any potentially libellous comments, but what a patronising pile of a***.

Fine, Mr Udy. You want to stick your head in the sand and let one of your underlings handle my letter with a standard template? Boy oh boy, this should be entertaining. Will post up my reply in full tomorrow :)

I mean, really. I know as a Pinky I shouldn't be seen to abuse the banks or make any potentially libellous comments, but what a patronising pile of a***.

Oh! go on reload, spoil yourself!:D

BTW you've ruined my evening.

There was I thinking that that nice Mr Udy had sent me a personal, individual, carefully prepared response and now I find it was exactly the same as yours (apart from the figures, of course)!

Altogether, to the tune of Dad's Army........

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Udy, when you write such piles of cr*p?"

Elsinore

hi reload..

just sashayed over here to nick a few lines from your dear mr udy thanks but no thanks letter... waiting for you to post with bated breath.. hope its soon, i cant wait..

karen

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

Well I may just borrow a few lines from your Prelim. letter as I love it so much.

Just working out how much Crap one owe me and I will be sending it today.

I will keep you informed as well

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

Right, here we go. Sorry it's so late in the day to anyone interested, been a bit busy today.

Dear Mr Udy,

Thank you for your letter dated 22 September 2006. I am writing to accept your settlement offer of £168 in partial settlement of the fees you’ve added to my account. I understand you have to follow the company policy regarding penalty refunds, and I’m sorry you must patronise me this way.

To explain, you are correct that the Office of Fair Trading’s report of the 5th of April 2006 does indeed not challenge the right of Credit Card companies to levy ‘default charges’. However, it does also state that “A default charge is not fair simply because it is below £12”, and that “Setting a threshold for intervention is a pragmatic pro-consumer action that is designed to give the industry the opportunity to change its practice without litigation”. Whilst I can understand the pragmatism behind reducing your fees so they are ‘in line with’ your competitors, this most certainly does not mean a refund of the difference in your previous unlawful rates and your current unlawful rates will satisfy all of your customers – even those with an agreed credit limit of £200.

When I opened my account in May 2005, it was under the explicit implication that the contract was to be operated under UK law. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law. The fact that you have not done so, and have deceived every individual who has an account with Capital One over the nature of your ‘default charges’ does not inspire my confidence in employing you as my fiduciary, and certainly does not mean the clause within the contract surrounding these charges is legally binding. Responding to my carefully written letter with a standardized template response does not go any length to improving this situation, and although it may prove a small gesture, I may well consider closing my account.

As you’re probably aware, I have included an edited and signed copy of your settlement agreement. This letter is to be considered a Letter Before Action, “so you can do these refunds totalling £168” whilst I pursue you for the remaining balance of £192 plus interest plus court costs, through the County Court system if necessary. It is my sincere hope that you will acknowledge this letter seriously and enter into a dialogue resulting in the refund of this remaining balance, rather than replying with another pre-formatted template letter, which may well result in my using one of your competitors.

I hope I've explained things clearly and you're happy with the steps I've taken. However, if you have any further questions, please write back to me within fourteen working days. My address is at the top of this letter, which also details my complaint for the second time in the hope you will respond personally. If I don't hear from you, or I do not hear a satisfactory response offering full and final settlement or the remainder of the outstanding balance after the initial refund is made, I'll consider that you're happy with the fact that I shall be submitting County Court proceedings against your company with no further warning. A full refund of the £360, and my complaint will be closed.

Yours sincerely,

reload

You may notice one or two similarities between my and their last letters... will be entertaining to see if anyone at Capital One notices :D

hi reload, can i ask what address you sent your preliminary letter to. thanx

Cap. one Preliminary letter sent 29/09/06

First response rec'd - £134 bug off. 14/10/06

No response :LBA sent 13/10/06

mcol issued no. 6QZ79850: 02/11/06

Acknowledged 09/11/06

NatWest - Preliminary letter sent 18/10/06

First response received 24/10/06

LBA Sent 01/11/06

2nd Response rec'd. 11/11/06

mcol begin 16/11/06

Hi ragsta,

Capital One Bank Europe Plc

C/O Robert Udy

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YG

Was the address I sent my prelim to. However, "Executive Response Centre" is the first line of the address from the reply I got.

hey reload

well worth waiting for!..absolutely brilliant...

thanks

k

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

Transactions Since Your Last Statement

Details Paid In Paid Out

30 Sep OVERLIMIT FEE CHARGED on 30 Sep 12.00

• 4 weeks later...

Ello all, been a while since I've helped out/updated my threads etc, been a mite busy 'out there'. Anyway - Moneyclaim to go in later :)

Another month, another overlimit fee charged. Once the cash comes in from this one, this account is most definately being closed down. 40% interest rates my nipple!

I have a contract with Capital One Europe (Plc), account number xxxxxxxxxx opened in 05/05 and conducted on their standard terms and conditions. I am claiming return of money taken by the defendant in the way of charges totaling £384. As a disproportionate penalty these charges are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges but they have declined to do so. I claim interest under section 69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from (29/08/2005) to (31/10/2006) of £22.57 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.08. I therefore claim a total of £406.57 (£384 + £22.57 interest).

Reload you have not stated the date your account was opened. In the Mcol guide it says you must state it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

putting my claim in 2moro aswle gud luk

Cap. one Preliminary letter sent 29/09/06

First response rec'd - £134 bug off. 14/10/06

No response :LBA sent 13/10/06

mcol issued no. 6QZ79850: 02/11/06

Acknowledged 09/11/06

NatWest - Preliminary letter sent 18/10/06

First response received 24/10/06

LBA Sent 01/11/06

2nd Response rec'd. 11/11/06

mcol begin 16/11/06