Order accepted but cancelled a month later DVD off Asda.com

axil23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a a few copies of the same DVD of Asda.com the order was accepted and I got a email to confirm the same. The price was not really a bargain but I needed a few of them. The DVD was available at the same price from a number of other retailers at that time.

No money was taken out from my credit card but I received a order confirmation number and weekly updates to say that the product had not been dispatched yet. Anyway after 5 weeks they have cancelled the order saying that the product is no longer available at that price and I can pay 15 pounds for it if I want. All the other stores have now pulled the special price promotion and I have ended up without the product.

Either they should have informed me in a week or supply me the goods?

Since they did not charge my card have i got any chance in taking this up against them? Maybe not but its kind of frustrating as I really needed that DVD where I was going to spend 15 for 5 I will need to spend 45 for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert, and this is not legal advice, but I was under the impression that if an order was 'Confirmed' (you would need written proof by letter or email with 'Order confirmed' written on it) then they are obliged to sell you the product at the agreed price. I could be wrong, but would be worth checking out. Sorry I can't offer anthing more certain.

• 2 weeks later...